Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-10-2013, 09:49 AM

Re: 'Deadliest Poison Ever' Found in California

So Audrey leaves here because 'one' person gets her goat !
Thats OTT really, when everyone else was 'not' a problem .....
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-10-2013, 11:24 AM

I don't understand why some things, such as this, need to be publicised either. No doubt there will now be those devoted to terrorism trawling the web in the hope of finding out how they can obtain this stuff and how they can use it. Then again I've never understood why the police use sirens when they respond to certain crimes either, nothing like giving those you are after a good warning that you are on your way so make your escape before they get there.
It sure is a crazy world.
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-10-2013, 11:49 AM

Originally Posted by AudreyII ->
Exactly sue... Anyone wonder why Americans sign up here and disappear?? Hardly feels welcoming with a person like this sniping at every turn. I purposely took a several week break and returned trying to be low key.. and wouldn't you know.. after 2 posts.. the nasty stuff from him starts again. I won't be back. Thanks UJ.... Sadly.. I was enjoying this site.. YOU WIN!! HAPPY?
I hope you change your mind Audrey. I can understand your ire with your country being criticised, I feel the same when people slate England - it might be a sh**ty country but it's my sh**ty country and I'll defend it!

You can't get on with everyone so just don't read the posts of those you don't get on with. You have a lovely sense of humour and that will be missed.
AudreyII
USA
AudreyII is female  AudreyII has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-10-2013, 12:43 PM

Originally Posted by ben-varrey ->
I hope you change your mind Audrey. I can understand your ire with your country being criticised, I feel the same when people slate England - it might be a sh**ty country but it's my sh**ty country and I'll defend it!

You can't get on with everyone so just don't read the posts of those you don't get on with. You have a lovely sense of humour and that will be missed.

Thank you Ben... You seem to understand. There is no reason for anyone being so offensive and to go out of their way to be so.. It shows a lack of character and perhaps even a lack of intelligence. I may hate fat little bigoted men in chairs, but I don't seek them out to lambast them every chance I get. That said, I have reconsidered. I have never been one to run from a fight.. and I am VERY capable of slapping down Gnats. However, THAT would certainly get me banned so I decided to put the Gnat (s) on ignore and continue to enjoy the decent people on this site. Come to think of it..this post itself may end up getting me banned...but to everyone else.. know that at least I tried to fit in and have amicable conversations and discussions... some things just need to be said. And a spade needs to be called a spade sometimes... kwim?
BowieEyes
Nottinghamshire, UK
BowieEyes is female  BowieEyes has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-10-2013, 02:09 PM

Audrey, glad you decided to stay. Everyone is entitled to a opinion and unfortunately its not always what I want to hear either. I just read through the rest and read those. I come on here to enjoy speaking to people and to try and help others if I can. That's why I like this forum.
UJ does have some far fetched views on certain subjects and is known for
that but on others he is great. So you cant expect perfection from everyone as it will never happen. Hope you enjoy the rest of the post and add some yourself. Take care.
AudreyII
USA
AudreyII is female  AudreyII has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-10-2013, 02:20 PM

Originally Posted by BowieEyes ->
Audrey, glad you decided to stay. Everyone is entitled to a opinion and unfortunately its not always what I want to hear either. I just read through the rest and read those. I come on here to enjoy speaking to people and to try and help others if I can. That's why I like this forum.
UJ does have some far fetched views on certain subjects and is known for
that but on others he is great. So you cant expect perfection from everyone as it will never happen. Hope you enjoy the rest of the post and add some yourself. Take care.
Normally, I would agree with you. However, when one has repeatedly been asked to stop the behavior which is offensive to another.. YET continues to do so at every chance, it goes beyond just having an opinion.. it's called BULLYING. That doesn't sit well with me. I hate bullies.. and I don't scroll past it.. I say something. With that.. the problem is over because as far as I'm concerned.. and with the help of the ignore feature.. it just doesn't exist for me any longer. And that's sad, because as you pointed out, some of his posts were interesting an amusing. Too bad I won't be enjoying them.
sue_arnold
UK
sue_arnold is female  sue_arnold has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-10-2013, 05:19 PM

Normally, I would agree with you. However, when one has repeatedly been asked to stop the behavior which is offensive to another.. YET continues to do so at every chance, it goes beyond just having an opinion.. it's called BULLYING. That doesn't sit well with me. I hate bullies.. and I don't scroll past it.. I say something. With that.. the problem is over because as far as I'm concerned.. and with the help of the ignore feature.. it just doesn't exist for me any longer. And that's sad, because as you pointed out, some of his posts were interesting an amusing. Too bad I won't be enjoying them.
Glad you are staying... think this site needs people like you more than people like him.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-10-2013, 05:21 PM

Thought for a minute I was in the playground - tone it down will ya - you've made yer point .....
AudreyII
USA

18-10-2013, 05:35 PM

Originally Posted by Pats CG ->
Thought for a minute I was in the playground - tone it down will ya - you've made yer point .....
Seriously Pat? Bullies exist at all ages.. not just in the school yard, and yes... that behavior is juvenile.. Calling it out is not.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

18-10-2013, 05:38 PM

Seriously Pat? Bullies exist at all ages.. not just in the school yard, and yes... that behavior is juvenile.. Calling it out is not.
Wouldn't like to see this turning into a 'Billy' thread - nip it in the bud I say ..... is that OK

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top