Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Cookiecate
Chatterbox
Blackpool
Cookiecate is female  Cookiecate has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-02-2010, 12:40 PM

Who do you wish had lived forever?

I got this idea from the Joe Brown thread some people will never die because they will be in our hearts and on whatever music maker we choose but I just wish the personality of these people could have gone on for just a little longer if not forever.

I wish for my husband that Freddy Mercury had lived forever, what an entertainer he was and what a singer.

For me I wish Roy Orbison had lived for ever he was such a great singer.

I wish Elvis had lived forever and Michael Jackson both so talented yet so mixed up.
Old git
West Deeping Lincs
Old git is male  Old git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-02-2010, 01:11 PM

Re: Who do you wish had lived forever?

Forever is a long time--but I wish Paul Kossoff had been able to cope with the pressure and drugs a bit better--forget `guitar` heroes, this bloke could play a bit

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o-2WK7y3sas
Cookiecate
Chatterbox
Blackpool
Cookiecate is female  Cookiecate has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-02-2010, 01:55 PM

Thanks for sharing that is beautiful, tis true then a guitar is like a woman and some men know how to get the best from them.
Old git
West Deeping Lincs
Old git is male  Old git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-02-2010, 02:07 PM

tis true then a guitar is like a woman and some men know how to get the best from them.

Some times a nice bend or a decent `vibrato` says more than just thrashing a few chords???
Alicat
West Berkshire
Alicat is female  Alicat has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-02-2010, 02:15 PM

I wish Karen Carpenter hadn't of died, she was so talented and I just loved her voice. It was so sad that she died of anorexia and it was something that could have been cured if she didn't have it so extreme. If she was still alive we would have had loads more albums and singles from The Carpenters.

It makes me very sad when I think about her.
Old git
West Deeping Lincs

06-02-2010, 02:32 PM

It was so sad that she died of anorexia and it was something that could have been cured .

Let`s hope those who do the research are more interested in the causes now than those 30 odd years ago.

Sort of been there -to go back and see a once vibrant,beautiful young lady who looked like a Belsen victim-to question those who took her as a post grad

"oh she had a typical profile"

Wrong thread but I still get very very cross
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-02-2010, 05:24 PM

There's like two categories for me. Both get missed but for slightly different reasons. One is where someone dies and leaves a hole in your life. Not only because the music dies but also because they'd always been there to listen to, dance to, and 'anything else' to.

The other is someone appreciated purely for their musical 'cleverness'. They spent years learning how to work their magic only for it to be snuffed out in a moment. Very sad.

I can think of a good few examples of both but for leaving a hole would primarily have to be John Lennon. For musical cleverness, Neil Gauntlett, the bloke I mentioned in the Joe Brown thread always springs to mind.
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-02-2010, 06:14 PM

MJ - I don't think anyone has had a better voice than him, or a better performer. He was a living legend
Cookiecate
Chatterbox
Blackpool

06-02-2010, 06:52 PM

Certainly was Azz. I remember so clearly the night John Lennon died. I was living in New York at the time. You are right he left a hole the knowledge that we shall never see their likes again is very sad and their passing is even sadder because they didn't die naturally death was forced on them.
nero
Central Scotland
nero is male  nero has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-02-2010, 08:15 PM

Eddie Cochrane, . . he was killed in a taxi in Wiltshire whilst over here doing a concert in 1960, . . he was only 21.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top