Join for free
Page 21 of 21 « First < 11 19 20 21
Boozercruiser
Chatterbox
Wales
Boozercruiser is male  Boozercruiser has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-11-2015, 10:25 PM

Re: Polite discourse vs hostility and rudeness

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
The thread seems have blown itself out with no more sensible solutions.....So are we done here?
Because it keeps appearing in my e-mail box and when I have a look it's just banter now.
No Mate.

I don't think we are done here until such time as AZZ decides to either 'lock it' or sends it to the Twilight Zone of Cheeky Chat. Then it will have had the kiss of death anyway!

Well I have stopped all latest posts from the forum being sent to me.
Do it through your Profile. (I think).
And then you will know nothing about this thread being posted on, except in latest posts.

Then you don't need to click on it to read.
Do you?
Honey
Chatterbox
Lancashire
Honey is female  Honey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-11-2015, 10:39 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Just a word in favour of the report button - if it wasn't there the forum would be covered in kitchens and various other spam adverts, mods can't be expected to read every post so reporting them is sometimes only way to get rid of them.
I've reported several of the kitchen adverts over the past couple of days just because I'm sick of seeing them, they flood the forum with lots of crap!
Boozercruiser
Chatterbox
Wales
Boozercruiser is male  Boozercruiser has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-11-2015, 10:40 PM

Originally Posted by Boozercruiser ->
Well I am reasonably happy with the way things are here right now, even though I feel that I myself have suffered sarcastic abuse from a tiny minority. But I think that Azz suggestion for a try of a slightly different way of going on deserves some consideration.

I do not envy Matt's efforts at getting things right here for everyone though.
And of course one just cannot please everyone, no matter what you do with that.
At least Matt is trying to listen to our whatever moans and sensitivities there are here. Good luck with that!
To try and get this topic back on track, I will repeat my first post on this matter. I have seen nothing posted up to now to change my mind on what to do here in respect of Azz's question.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-11-2015, 10:45 PM

You're right Boozer, why don't we take a vote on it?
I'm in the leave things as they are Azz....
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-11-2015, 11:01 PM

Ok thanks for the feedback everyone - we'll have a think and maybe put up a poll later

Page 21 of 21 « First < 11 19 20 21

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top