Join for free
Page 222 of 276 « First < 122 172 212 220 221 222 223 224 232 272 > Last »
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-02-2019, 03:30 PM

Re: I've had my chest x-ray

Yesterday, when my chemo was due to start, they informed me that from the blood sample I didn't have enough good white blood cells so they were going to discharge me. They wanted to re-admit me next Wednesday?

So I packed but the pharmacy (who normally take ages) didn't have one of the drugs I was on so I couldn't go home last night as I needed it in my dosette box. I was really angry then calm. The psychiatrist whom I spoke with told me I should be out no later than 1pm today. I was wanting to just stay in by that stage. Who's to say my neutrophils will be any better next Wednesday.

But I'm home again after 15 days in hospital, not just for a few hours but a few days. In a way I'm scared I develop delirium again but they've done their best to reassure me. I've also got stem cell transplant/therapy coming up and the thought of it terrifies me.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-02-2019, 04:42 PM

[QUOTE=Ffosse;1647041]Yesterday, when my chemo was due to start, they informed me that from the blood sample I didn't have enough good white blood cells so they were going to discharge me. They wanted to re-admit me next Wednesday?

So I packed but the pharmacy (who normally take ages) didn't have one of the drugs I was on so I couldn't go home last night as I needed it in my dosette box. I was really angry then calm. The psychiatrist whom I spoke with told me I should be out no later than 1pm today. I was wanting to just stay in by that stage. Who's to say my neutrophils will be any better next Wednesday.

But I'm home again after 15 days in hospital, not just for a few hours but a few days. In a way I'm scared I develop delirium again but they've done their best to reassure me. I've also got stem cell transplant/therapy coming up and the thought of it terrifies me.[/QUOTE]

Don't be scared matey, this is cutting edge new treatment - and if it helps to rid you of the cancer cells - embrace it.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-02-2019, 05:27 PM

Thanks, UJ - they wouldn't be doing it if they thought it couldn't help I guess.

At one point you've got to have a canula in each arm, restricting movement a bit (how does one go the toilet).
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-02-2019, 08:14 PM

Originally Posted by Ffosse ->
Yesterday, when my chemo was due to start, they informed me that from the blood sample I didn't have enough good white blood cells so they were going to discharge me. They wanted to re-admit me next Wednesday?

But I'm home again after 15 days in hospital, not just for a few hours but a few days. In a way I'm scared I develop delirium again but they've done their best to reassure me. I've also got stem cell transplant/therapy coming up and the thought of it terrifies me.
Oh, you are home Dreamy.
What a mix up getting your meds!!!!
Don't be scared, you will be fine.
I know nothing of stem cell, but I am sure it is for the best.

Someone will know. x
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh

22-02-2019, 08:24 PM

I've also got new pain as well as being pretty weak.

A shooting pain that runs across my lower back close to my coccyx. And when I crouch down for anything, like getting something from the fridge it takes me all my energy to get upright again.

Does anyone know: is this just a symptom of being bedridden for a while and in the preceding 2 months or so just sitting in a chair with no exercise? I found it really hard to get out of a bath in hospital the other day even though there were hand grips.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-02-2019, 08:39 PM

Found this Dreamy.
https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/318064.php
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-02-2019, 03:14 PM

Thanks, UJ - they wouldn't be doing it if they thought it couldn't help I guess.

At one point you've got to have a canula in each arm, restricting movement a bit (how does one go the toilet).
-
One has a catheter inserted matey !!!
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh

23-02-2019, 03:24 PM

Oh, I hate those and try and avoid as much as possible
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset

23-02-2019, 05:40 PM

Oh, I hate those and try and avoid as much as possible
Oh dear.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh

23-02-2019, 07:29 PM

They're painful and uncomfortable.

Page 222 of 276 « First < 122 172 212 220 221 222 223 224 232 272 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top