Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-07-2018, 07:19 PM

Re: How often and when do you charge your mobile phone?

I've got one of those charging mats - it saves wear and tear on the charging port.
Right Now
upstate New York US
Right Now is female  Right Now has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-07-2018, 08:14 PM

I have an Android phone, and charge it in the evening, usually reading 45% to 65%, using a lightning charger it takes about one half hour.
I use my landline phone when at home most of the time; as a note, I can call from the US to England for a mere 30 cents an hour. I use it weekly
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-07-2018, 09:47 PM

I have two and rarely use either. Only texts between myself and daughter.

One PAYG I've had for yonks and it's literally just a phone ie no camera or internet.

The other my daughter bought me so we can keep in touch over What's App especially when she's abroad (free for me to use at home using the internet).

The PAYG I take out with me, but never seem to hear it's pips telling me it needs charging. I occasionally check and it's off.

I checked the other one yesterday, that was off... needed charging. I'm useless
Mondays child
United Kingdom
Mondays child is male  Mondays child has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-07-2018, 10:07 PM

I have three mobiles, the one I use a lot for calls, text, whatsapp, and two different email accounts plus the caledar, notepad and sat nav, I tend to charge every night, overnight. The other one I keep by the landline as its cheaper to make calls on rather than pay BTs overpriced call charges. Its a very simple phone and only needs to be charged once a week.
The last mobile phone has no sim card but I use it as a camera as it takes really good photos which using wifi transfers them to my Google photos where I can use them on my mobile or either of my tablets. That I usually only need to charge up when it tells me.

I use all my phones and tablets a lot.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-07-2018, 11:51 PM

Personally I just plug my phone into charge when I go to bed each night.

As some one observed it is impossible to overcharge a lithium battery most have a protection chip built in (certainly all phone batteries).

My land line is virtually defunct and is answered by an answering machine, eventually I will get rid of it but as it costs nothing (VOIP) I see no point. It is the same number I have had for nearly 40 years.

All my calls are made on my mobile - for $10 (£5) a month I get unlimited calls, texts and MMS plus 1GB of data. I rarely use more than 0.4Gb data each month because most data is used at home on WiFi (anyway I prefer my tablet or desktop for the Internet).

It is different when I am travelling so I change my plan for the month to $20 same call deal but 2.5Gb data plus I have 10Gb on my Telstra Wifi Dongle (6 months expiry). I don't have any 'plans' but am on a month to month service so can change it at any time.

I have a couple of 2500mAh power banks (I think that is right) for emergency supply but I can charge phones etc in my car as I drive. The car also has a 120Ah deep cycle aux battery and an inverter for 12v and 240vAC for fridge, laptop etc.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2018, 12:05 AM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
Android phones have a battery saver option which kicks in when the battery drops to a certain level so you can use it a bit longer before charging. They also `beep` to let you know when to charge your phone.

IMO in it's pure form (no bloat from phone manufacturers), Android Orio (8.1.0) is superior to Apple's offering.

What's all this percentage stuff? I can't see anywhere on my phone where it tells me anything in percentages?

On mine, there is just a little picture of a green battery and the green goes up or down according to how much charge is has left.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2018, 12:24 AM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
What's all this percentage stuff? I can't see anywhere on my phone where it tells me anything in percentages?

On mine, there is just a little picture of a green battery and the green goes up or down according to how much charge is has left.
If you touch the green battery does some more info pop up? Also, does it beep at you when it needs charging?

AAMOI, does your particular phone have a slide down menu when you run your finger from the top of the screen to the bottom? This menu lets you turn WiFi or Bluetooth on and off but there should also be a battery icon. Touching this icon turns on battery saver mode.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2018, 12:48 AM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
If you touch the green battery does some more info pop up? Also, does it beep at you when it needs charging?

AAMOI, does your particular phone have a slide down menu when you run your finger from the top of the screen to the bottom? This menu lets you turn WiFi or Bluetooth on and off but there should also be a battery icon. Touching this icon turns on battery saver mode.

Nope and Nope to both those questions.
Well it never has bleeped at me, but there again, I don't let it get that low.

As for WiFi & Bluetooth, I don't want them, so wouldn't be looking for them.
Tregonsee
Lancashire UK
Tregonsee is male  Tregonsee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2018, 01:51 AM

I charge mine as needed.

With normal (for me ) usage it lasts about 3 days. That is about an hour a day surfing, emails about 5 or 6 in and out. Quite a few texts and the odd phone call.
But it is an industrial type beast.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2018, 04:22 AM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Nope and Nope to both those questions.
Well it never has bleeped at me, but there again, I don't let it get that low.

As for WiFi & Bluetooth, I don't want them, so wouldn't be looking for them.
Assuming you have an Android phone...

Try Settings > Battery

Settings is usually a little geared wheel when you swipe down from the top of your phone.

When you go to "Battery" You will get a screen like this:

There you can find out all sorts of information about your battery state and protection.
There you can also select things like showing on the top bar the Percentage of battery power remaining (see my photo) or just a graphical image which is the way you appear to have it now.

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	2018-07-13 13.17.02.jpg
Views:	104
Size:	31.5 KB
ID:	6478  

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top