Join for free
Page 3 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
Zuleika
North West UK
Zuleika is female  Zuleika has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-09-2018, 09:36 AM

Re: Water Fasting.

I think the advice givento Roxy is ill advised,that is ....just because you do it so should she .
No one knows why she’s sluggish and or tired and just not right ?
Never presume to know.Could cause untold harm .
It’s for a doctor to advise not amateurs in a forum.
Rant over .
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-09-2018, 09:53 AM

Originally Posted by Zuleika ->
I think the advice givento Roxy is ill advised,that is ....just because you do it so should she .
No one knows why she’s sluggish and or tired and just not right ?
Never presume to know.Could cause untold harm .
Rant over .
Excuse me. I’ll admit to not being a doctor but I am a qualified nutritionist with the education to back me up( BA in biology , herbalist and course in nutrition ) so please don’t call me an amateur. If you don’t understand the idea of fasting then perhaps you should keep your comments to yourself.

I will say state that Roxy might consider seeing a doctor if she isn’t feeling well BUT I also understand that’s shes a big girl and has the intelligence to figure that one on her own.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-09-2018, 09:54 AM

The notion that doctors are or ought to be the sole purveyors of medical information is patently ridiculous. They are one of many sources of information and we would be frankly very foolish indeed if we restricted our research and data to just GPs opinions.

GPs are frequently wrong and have to follow a very rigid set of protocols handed down to them from a higher echelon of medical teaching. I have witnessed this first hand with a doctor who clearly didn't understand the purpose of a body fever and who would have caused me to suffer a gastrointestinal illness for many days if I ahd followed his advice. Aside from that any doctor who pushed the flu vaccine on you is not working for your health but rather just working for profits or blindly supporting the higher echelons.

As hard and as difficult as it is, we now HAVE to do our own research which CAN of course include talking to doctors and nurses but which should absolutely NOT be limited to that. There is a plethora of really good information to be found elsewhere. There is equally a lot of bad information out there. That's how it is. That's life.

You have to work through it all, digest it, be thorough and learn who to trust and who not to trust.

There's nothing wrong with reading people's input on forums. You can get some very good info that way, but you STILL have to do your own research. Assess everything, be disciplined and learn throught the process.
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-09-2018, 09:59 AM

Actually I don’t need this hassle and will pass.
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-09-2018, 10:17 AM

Guys Guys Please don't row about this I was only asking what you thought and if anyone had done it. I will spend time this afternoon reading up on it all, both good and bad. It can take forever to see a Doctor if it's not an emergency so I will ask her what she thinks next time I'm there.
Zuleika
North West UK
Zuleika is female  Zuleika has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-09-2018, 10:58 AM

Originally Posted by Bratti ->
Excuse me. I’ll admit to not being a doctor but I am a qualified nutritionist with the education to back me up( BA in biology , herbalist and course in nutrition ) so please don’t call me an amateur. If you don’t understand the idea of fasting then perhaps you should keep your comments to yourself.

I will say state that Roxy might consider seeing a doctor if she isn’t feeling well BUT I also understand that’s shes a big girl and has the intelligence to figure that one on her own.
I don’t care what you are and my point wasn’t aimed at you in particular anyway. You are an amateur as far as diagnosing what is ailing a member of a forum from just the three symptoms she gave if I’m allowed to have one that is .
Qualified medical advice should always be sought imo and before embarking on such fasting .
Zuleika
North West UK

10-09-2018, 11:03 AM

Originally Posted by Roxy ->
Guys Guys Please don't row about this I was only asking what you thought and if anyone had done it. I will spend time this afternoon reading up on it all, both good and bad. It can take forever to see a Doctor if it's not an emergency so I will ask her what she thinks next time I'm there.
Oughtn’t you tho to have already sought a doctor’s advice on why you’re suffering from those three symptoms?
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-09-2018, 11:14 AM

Oughtn’t you tho to have already sought a doctor’s advice on why you’re suffering from those three symptoms?
Absolutely she should have!...
"Sluggish tired and just not right"

Roxy if your initial symptoms are those of feeling sluggish and tired and just not right then please please PLEASE go to the surgery and ask for a full blood count.
It could turn out to be anaemia, which in turn could turn out to be the result of something serious.

In my case I saw my GP three times before she took me seriously, (initially she said I was post viral), and I then had a blood test.
Turned out I was seriously anaemic and even after that it took six months and no less than three more wrong diagnoses to find what was really wrong.

If you're tired all the time get a blood check, don't waste time fannying around with diets.
Zuleika
North West UK

10-09-2018, 11:44 AM

Thankyou Ruthio for your supportive opinion .
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada

10-09-2018, 11:57 AM

I don’t care what you are and my point wasn’t aimed at you in particular anyway. You are an amateur as far as diagnosing what is ailing a member of a forum from just the three symptoms she gave if I’m allowed to have one that is .
Qualified medical advice should always be sought imo and before embarking on such fasting .
I wasn’t diagnosing anyone. Where the heck do you see me diagnosing her?

Twice I mentioned to see a doctor so lay off lecturing me

And I doubled checked to see if I’d even hinted about what her symptoms could be from and I certainly didn’t. It wouldn’t be something I’d do.

Page 3 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top