Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada
wild blueberry is female  wild blueberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-09-2018, 07:49 PM

Help with gardeninng

I have a spot about 12 feet wide that needs something planted. I have a rose bush at one end and Rose of sharon at the other end..........

I need to plant some perennials in between. I don't want tulips or lillies as they don't last. I want something that comes up every year and flowers and keep re-flowering.........

Please give me some suggestions....and do I plant them now or wait until next spring?
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada
wild blueberry is female  wild blueberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-09-2018, 07:50 PM

Re: Help with gardeninng

Oh, I think it is wider than 12 feet. I am not good at guessing and it is raining now so I can't go out and measure.......
Beautiful Filly
Bowmanville, Ontario, Canada
Beautiful Filly is female  Beautiful Filly has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-09-2018, 07:54 PM

Hi Blue...what about Crocuses and Daffodils...they come up quite early every year?
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-09-2018, 07:57 PM

Perhaps a Magnolia?, they are lovely when they flower but flowers don't last very long.
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada

25-09-2018, 08:00 PM

Originally Posted by Beautiful Filly ->
Hi Blue...what about Crocuses and Daffodils...they come up quite early every year?
But honey, do they last all season, or are they just up for a short time like tulips?

I was going to ask you to come and give me a hand when I get the info.........do you think you can come for one day?

The area that has been dug up, is in the same place as where you suggested when you were here a few months ago, do you remember? You puts the big rocks in the area for me.....
Beautiful Filly
Beautiful Filly is female  Beautiful Filly has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-09-2018, 08:14 PM

Originally Posted by wild blueberry ->
But honey, do they last all season, or are they just up for a short time like tulips?

I was going to ask you to come and give me a hand when I get the info.........do you think you can come for one day?

The area that has been dug up, is in the same place as where you suggested when you were here a few months ago, do you remember? You puts the big rocks in the area for me.....
Aww...no they don't last very long at all but you could start with them and add others, so you'd have flowers all summer long.

Sure I can join you for the day when you decide on a date. I do remember...and they weren't that big...cuz little old me lifted them without a problem.
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada

25-09-2018, 08:16 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Perhaps a Magnolia?, they are lovely when they flower but flowers don't last very long.
That is a good idea LongDogs, I will consider that.
Beautiful Filly

25-09-2018, 08:18 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->

Oh Longdogs, Magnolias are just gorgeous...I have one on the front lawn. Mine flowers twice between spring and fall but as you've said, the lovely flowers don't last very long...
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada

25-09-2018, 08:18 PM

Aww...no they don't last very long at all but you could start with them and add others, so you'd have flowers all summer long.

Sure I can join you for the day when you decide on a date. I do remember...and they weren't that big...cuz little old me lifted them without a problem.
Oh great honey, thanks, it will be next week. I will get my son to pick you up. I'll let you know when he is coming......

Yes, I guess I could start with some of them....
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-09-2018, 08:25 PM

Originally Posted by wild blueberry ->
That is a good idea LongDogs, I will consider that.
Oh Longdogs, Magnolias are just gorgeous...I have one on the front lawn. Mine flowers twice between spring and fall but as you've said, the lovely flowers don't last very long...
Magnolia Susan is a nice one.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top