Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-12-2018, 12:47 PM

Re: Dog enters negotiations to give stick back.

Originally Posted by Mr Ploppy ->
That happened to one of my dogs. It wasn't a stick thrown by me. He chewed it out of a bush by himself, the silly bugger.
It got wedged between his teeth and luckily I could get my hand in his mouth and remove the stick. He was fine after that.
Our Border Collie use to do that. We had to get her interested in balls instead. Though this one was a bit big.

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	2007-11-02-1954-47.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	40.4 KB
ID:	8285  
Emjay
Chatterbox
London UK
Emjay is male  Emjay has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-12-2018, 12:57 PM

I have an extremely clever dog. She will not run for balls or any other thrown object.
She thinks it is pointless just to run after things and bring them back, just so that the whole procedure can be repeated.
But let her sight a cat, squirrel, or even the local foxes,🦊 then she is off. Not that she ever catches them.
PS she has caught and killed 2 rats so far.

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	ECD9B31E-E816-4363-B09D-09B46145C877.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	28.8 KB
ID:	8286  
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-12-2018, 12:59 PM

What an excellent lighthearted look at man's best friend Mr Fraggle. I had to show the post to Mrs Fox......

I decided to try it with Mrs Fox, so we walked out onto the green and I threw the stick..........She flatly refused to return the stick in her mouth! Due to circumstances beyond my control We have decided to take it to arbitration...
The police have cordoned off the stick and it must remain on the green until a settlement has been found.....
I suspect the jury will find in Mrs Foxes favour, and it will end up with me retrieving the stick.....It usually does!....

I remember a time when she would have done anything for me.... Including fetching a stick....
Alas! after forty odd years of marriage I have ended up fetching my own sticks....Cooking my meals......Washing the pots.....Sweeping the drive...Etc...
MrFraggle
United Kingdom
MrFraggle is male  MrFraggle has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-12-2018, 01:45 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
What an excellent lighthearted look at man's best friend Mr Fraggle. I had to show the post to Mrs Fox......

I decided to try it with Mrs Fox, so we walked out onto the green and I threw the stick..........She flatly refused to return the stick in her mouth! Due to circumstances beyond my control We have decided to take it to arbitration...
The police have cordoned off the stick and it must remain on the green until a settlement has been found.....
I suspect the jury will find in Mrs Foxes favour, and it will end up with me retrieving the stick.....It usually does!....

I remember a time when she would have done anything for me.... Including fetching a stick....
Alas! after forty odd years of marriage I have ended up fetching my own sticks....Cooking my meals......Washing the pots.....Sweeping the drive...Etc...
Love it,
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-12-2018, 02:22 PM

Originally Posted by summer ->
Actually cats are good negotiators too as long as you are prepared to do it their way....no problem
All doggie deals should be approved by the cats first IMO.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-12-2018, 02:25 PM

Perhaps you just need a bigger stick.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-12-2018, 06:22 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Perhaps you just need a bigger stick.
I don't think Mrs Fox views sticks with the same enthusiasm that she used to Longdogs......
rcs60h
Bedfordshire, UK
rcs60h is male  rcs60h has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-12-2018, 07:45 PM

Most of the Kong products also get labelled up as play toys for Parrots and the prices are usually increased.
Mr Ploppy
Chatterbox
Perth Western Australia, 3rd house on the right
Mr Ploppy is male  Mr Ploppy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-12-2018, 07:53 AM

Originally Posted by Tiffany ->
Our Border Collie use to do that. We had to get her interested in balls instead. Though this one was a bit big.
The dog I had ignored balls, but no stick was too big for him.
I named him 'Basil' because he seemed a bit faulty. (Fawlty)
One day a neighbor asked me to cut some overhanging branches, which I did while his two little sons were watching.
I cut off a large branch, threw it on the lawn and said:"there you go, Basil, take it away!"
Basil grabbed the branch and dragged it across the lawn.
The two little boys ran back to their house shouting,"Dad dad, the man told the dog to take away the branch and he did it."
I didn't tell them that Basil would have done the same thing without me ordering him.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-12-2018, 08:15 AM

Mrs F is the real Fox Whisperer

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top