Join for free
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2019, 01:30 PM

Re: Shortage of Medecines

Originally Posted by Realist ->
If people have meds they need to take regularly for serious reasons then common sense suggests they should have a forward stock of them as you would with anything else.

Do people drive around in their cars with no spare tyre or no tyre repair kit?!

Do people go out and buy 1 small packet of toilet rolls at a time or do you have a few packets in the cupboard . . . just in case you run short?!

If people have the common sense to think ahead for such things then why don't they do the same for their meds which is surely infinitely more important?

You CAN get meds anywhere. You can buy them over the internet, you can buy them in foreign countries. There are always places that will forego the fact that in the UK you need a prescription.

Would people really put their lives at risk by not having a forward stock of their important Meds? Really? Just to be compliant with silly little rules !

Rules are for the guidance of wise men and the obedience of fools.
Hi

The Meds I need are prescription only.

I cannot get them elsewhere and know they are genuine.
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2019, 01:38 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Same with mine, I need blood pressure ones and ones that soften gall stones so they can pass through the bile duck safely without getting stuck. I'm really worried that I will suddenly be without them. My Doctor will not give me an extra prescription to stock pile any of them.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2019, 01:46 PM

Originally Posted by Roxy ->
My Doctor will not give me an extra prescription to stock pile any of them.
Then he is an idiot and you would be a fool to put your life in his hands. Take responsibility for your on life because no-one else will. Do your research.
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2019, 01:53 PM

Sorry Realist but my Doctor is not an idiot in any way shape or form. I owe her my life, if she hadn't gotten to me quickly a couple of years ago then I would not even be here to write this. I had a review of my meds with her a few weeks back and I asked her then about getting some extra, she apologised and said she wasn't able to do that. All she could do was give me my prescription a week earlier than she usually would. I will do that and phone in early and I will also cut my meds down to every second day for a while. I feel less is better than none. If you think I'm being foolish well that's your right and I am not going to argue about it.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2019, 01:54 PM

Same with mine, I need blood pressure ones and ones that soften gall stones so they can pass through the bile duck safely without getting stuck. I'm really worried that I will suddenly be without them. My Doctor will not give me an extra prescription to stock pile any of them.

He can't though, can he Roxy.
Many people need these meds, not just the chosen few.

It would end up like those people who panic buy and empty shelves if snow or bad weather or any other problem is forcast, then some poor needy buggers are left with nothing at all, because of the greedy few who have grabbed more than they need.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2019, 01:55 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Don't be silly Swim.

Are you suggesting that the only people with your condition all live in the UK and thus must all get their meds from the UK?

Are you saying nobody in any other country suffers from the same condition or that nobody in any other country requires the same Meds?

Clearly there will be people all over the world requiring the same Meds as yourself. How then are they getting their Meds if they are not getting them from here?

They of course get them from their own country or elsewhere. So too can you if you choose.

Your assessment of whether the Meds are genuine is predicated on the comfort and safety of using the NHS.
Similarly the people in other countries will likely feel the same way about Meds in their own country.

If a French person wanted those Meds and came over here are you saying that the UK Meds would suddenly not be genuine?!!

In the end then if we look at this whole thing objectively we must conclude that:

1) A Prescription has nothing to do with the drug itself, it is merely an authority for you to have a drug

2) The quality of any drug you buy is something you take on faith from the purveyor, be that a chemist or online pharmacy

3) You are always free to take any prescription you have and buy the Meds from an online pharmacy rather than a UK chemist. Hence you CAN buy your Meds from foreign pharmacies that require you to provide your prescription and they might offer you a cheaper deal for the Meds. Doing so does not impact the quality and authenticity of the product.
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.

20-01-2019, 01:56 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
He can't though, can he Roxy.
Many people need these meds, not just the chosen few.

It would end up like those people who panic buy and empty shelves if snow or bad weather or any other problem is forcast, then some poor needy buggers are left with nothing because of the greedy few.
Yes Mups that's the impression I got when I spoke with her about it..
Realist
Chatterbox
UK

20-01-2019, 01:58 PM

I asked her then about getting some extra, she apologised and said she wasn't able to do that.
So what will you do if the stocks of Meds dry up for a period of time? Say for a few months.

Seriously what are you going to do? Just lay down and die because your GP was constrained by some Neanderthal NHS rules?!
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2019, 02:01 PM

For christ sake stop trying to frighten people into thinking your way Realist.
How utterly selfish and irresponsible.

Meds are far more likely to disappear quicker if many people like you grab all the stock for themselves instead of sharing!
Realist
Chatterbox
UK

20-01-2019, 02:05 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
It would end up like those people who panic buy and empty shelves if snow or bad weather or any other problem is forcast, then some poor needy buggers are left with nothing at all, because of the greedy few who have grabbed more than they need.
This is a crazy notion. Really untrue.

It is not beyond the wit of man or a GP to simply establish a small basic backup stick of Meds for any given patient.

At the point the prescribe the FIRST set of Meds they can at that same time give them 2 additional sets. That would be a ONE OFF issue. The patient would then keep getting their weekly prescription and would take one set out of the backup stock to take now, and put the new set into the backup stock. i.e. continual rotation.

There's no mad panic buying involved here. Just a sensible organised use of stick rotation. Enough stock such that nobody's life is put in danger.

The process of having just one prescripted set of Meds on a "Just in time" basis is utterly ridiculous for life saving Meds.

It's just about money and costs to the NHS.

It's your life. Your responsibility.

I would have a backup stock in place without any question.

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top