Join for free
Page 2 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-01-2019, 05:08 PM

Re: Healing with The Power of Prayer

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
I'm not sure opinions are beliefs or that beliefs are opinions. for those of us with faith anyway that is true.

People can say what they like though as I know and so do many others what we believe is our truth so what anyone else says can't hurt us.
No-one is trying to hurt anyone Julie. As ever you appear to take things overly personally.

If people are going to say that prayer is powerful, that praying in numbers ALWAYS works and the like then it's entirely acceptable for others to say "hang on, that patently isn't the case, the harsh facts of reality most certainly refute those assertions"

I note that thus far (as ever) there has been no reasonable opinion put forward that can reconcile the harsh reality with the various things being claimed. Just the usual defensive posturing which diverts from the matter in question, does prayer work or not?

Again I am deeply interested in how you rationally reconcile the reality with the belief system

Prayer clearly doesn't work so what is your explanation for that? Is it that:

1) Not enough people are collectively praying?
2) People aren't praying hard enough?
3) People aren't genuine in their praying?
4) God does what he wants regardless of any prayers?
5) God simply does not exist?
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-01-2019, 06:24 PM

People can say what they like though as I know and so do many others what we believe is our truth so what anyone else says can't hurt us.

Amen Julie!!...Amen!.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-01-2019, 06:27 PM

I'm not sure opinions are beliefs or that beliefs are opinions. for those of us with faith anyway that is true.

Yes, Julie.
No one has to agree, and it is sad when they feel obliged to pick things over like a sad old vulture.
Their thoughts and comments are immaterial.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-01-2019, 06:35 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Yes, Julie.
No one has to agree, and it is sad when they feel obliged to pick things over like a sad old vulture.
Their thoughts and comments are immaterial.

Sorry Mups,sad old vulture made me ,but I know what you mean!...for me faith in God can't be explained,you either have it or you don't.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-01-2019, 06:35 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Yes, Julie.
No one has to agree, and it is sad when they feel obliged to pick things over like a sad old vulture. .
Even sadder when people too afraid to face up to reality have to resort to insulting those who simply ask rational questions.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK

27-01-2019, 06:39 PM

Originally Posted by Realist ->
Even sadder when people too afraid to face up to reality have to resort to insulting those who simply ask rational questions.

Faith isn't rational to you,because you don't have it,which is fine,it can't be explained,it's between God and his child..
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK

27-01-2019, 06:42 PM

I love to hear your love for the Lord,WB,..you have a strong faith!!
Realist
Chatterbox
UK

27-01-2019, 06:46 PM

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
Faith isn't rational to you,because you don't have it,which is fine,it can't be explained,it's between God and his child..
Faith isn't in question here Pauline, so you can spare the religious mind manipulation nonsense, cuts no ice with me.

The assertions have variously been that prayer works, that prayer in numbers always works and that more people praying mean more "power"

The reality of what we see in life is that prayer clearly does not work, that millions of fervently praying Christians still see their sons, daughters, parents and friends die of horrible afflictions and diseases often after long periods of suffering.

Despite the most earnest prayers of people like yourselves, we still have cancer and other awful afflictions in the world, innocent children are still dying on a daily basis.

I'm not here trying to tell you what to believe, everyone is entitled to believe any nonsense they like.

I'm here to ask OP and others how you reconcile these claims specifically about PRAYER with the clear reality that it doesn't have any effect. People continue to die.

So I will attempt again to get a sane intelligent answer out of any of you. Is prayer not working because:

1) Not enough people are collectively praying?
2) People aren't praying hard enough?
3) People aren't genuine in their praying?
4) God does what he wants regardless of any prayers?
5) God simply does not exist?
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK

27-01-2019, 06:53 PM

[QUOTE=Realist;1626547]Faith isn't in question here Pauline, so you can spare the religious mind manipulation nonsense, cuts no ice with me.

For someone who finds faith nonsense,you sure are interested in it,perhaps I will pray for an answer from God,..you can not prove anything about God,no more than I can,like I said,you don't have faith,and I sure don't want to cut any ice with you!.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK

27-01-2019, 06:59 PM

There is great strength in the power of prayer,WB,God is supernatural,praise His Holy Name!.

Page 2 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top