Join for free
Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-01-2019, 07:40 PM

Re: Any Reiki Practitioners Here?

Originally Posted by susan m ->
I have asked her realist that's what she says she has been taught to picture symbols or sacred signs and the energy is from higher frequencies from the universe.

How high I've no idea !
lol

As I said then. They have no real idea what they are messing with meaning it could be absolutely nothing (woo woo bunkum hocus pocus con) or it could be something, some real energies which they don't understand and thus which could have the potential to both help or harm.

Disappointing really, but not the least bit surprising.

In the end I doubt very much any of these practitioners care what they are doing or meddling with. So long as they get their tick in the box it means they can earn pots of money charging people for nonsense treatments which at best are just going to trigger the placebo effect.
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-01-2019, 07:44 PM

Very interesting
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-01-2019, 10:00 PM

Muddy , I'm glad your son is better .

It's awful when some we think of as friends let us down isn't it .
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-01-2019, 10:36 PM

I have a friend who is a reiki master. As far as I am aware he doesn't charge for sessions. It's more of a bigger lifestyle choice. He's very into spiratualism, compassion, self development. I don't see any harm in it. I've not tried it. I'm open minded but would not rush to try such therapies.

I have had acupuncture and deep tissue acupuncture. The deep tissue stuff has really helped me. Again it's not understood by science but it's an ancient healing technique. Reiki will be based on similar principles (but less intense). We do have energy in our body that gets "stuck" and makes us ill (or stops us healing). Deep tissue acupuncture, or cupping can really change the balance of energy in the body.

Science does not yet understand the interaction of energy with healing. It kind of makes sense that if we are made up of all sorts of electrical impulses, blockages in that current will cause problems with our bodies.

Easy to be sceptical but we are pretty dim when it comes to working out what makes our bodies tick (by that I mean the medical community is slow to learn). Ancient wisdom should be respected. They didn't have drugs and antibiotics.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-01-2019, 10:39 PM

I'm glad to hear your son is better too Muddy.

If I were your friend I'd have done it for free had I been a practitioner.

Realist, I don't know anything about Reiki so can't help but its an interesting thread . Is it like faith healing?

My uncle used to go for faith healing many years ago and one time I went along with him to see what it was all about, I was suffering panic attacks at the time. The 'healer' put his hands on my head and I was amazed how I felt such heat radiating through my head. No idea how but I have to say I left me feeling very good. It didn't cure my panic attacks but perhaps if I'd kept going he might have, who knows.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-01-2019, 11:05 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
I have a friend who is a reiki master. As far as I am aware he doesn't charge for sessions. It's more of a bigger lifestyle choice. He's very into spiratualism, compassion, self development. I don't see any harm in it. I've not tried it. I'm open minded but would not rush to try such therapies.

I have had acupuncture and deep tissue acupuncture. The deep tissue stuff has really helped me. Again it's not understood by science but it's an ancient healing technique. Reiki will be based on similar principles (but less intense). We do have energy in our body that gets "stuck" and makes us ill (or stops us healing). Deep tissue acupuncture, or cupping can really change the balance of energy in the body.

Science does not yet understand the interaction of energy with healing. It kind of makes sense that if we are made up of all sorts of electrical impulses, blockages in that current will cause problems with our bodies.

Easy to be sceptical but we are pretty dim when it comes to working out what makes our bodies tick (by that I mean the medical community is slow to learn). Ancient wisdom should be respected. They didn't have drugs and antibiotics.

Ooh Annie, good post. At last some common sense.

When people seek scientific evidence for every single thing in life, and are unable to find the answers they wanted, they never blame themself.
They will always turn round and shift the blame to whatever it was they were researching, saying it doesn't exist.
When what they should be saying is "I don't know", or perhaps even "I can't see the logic in this".

Them not being able to find answers does not mean there are no answers. It just means they haven't been able to find them yet.

Suppose scientists stopped research just because they couldn't find the answer easily!

I do not intend to enter into a so-called 'debate' either, I have no need to, and why would I want every word dismantled, dissected and picked over?
That sort of behaviour puts others off posting, who might have made a valuable contribution otherwise.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-01-2019, 12:33 AM

Another post full of jibes Mups. It's becoming a habit with you sadly.

If you read my posts you will see that I am not discounting the existence of energies. I am questioning whether practitioners understand them and know how to control them. Those I have spoken to don't. Energy is science. As such it can be quantified and measured and studied.

That being the case where are the demonstrable proofs of these energies, they should be simple to show someone. If someone claims they can channel those energies then they should be able to make an energy sensitive meter flicker.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-01-2019, 12:47 AM

I think trained / qualified acupuncture and cupping practitioners do know how to harness energies effectively. In fact they are probably a bit too conservative. It's a well documented science that the NHS offers. I had deep tissue acupuncture on a shoulder muscle that was in spasm. This was carried out by a physio who had trained in Germany. It was really weird after but it totally fixed the problem. I can't think that reiki would do any harm as it's not even invasive.

We live in a very conservative era of science where not much progress can be made in breaking boundaries. It's like science has a whalebone corset on. If there haven't been a thousand studies to prove something it's apparently not valid even if millions say it helps them or works. If this had been the approach a hundred years ago none of the amazing medical discoveries would have been made.
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-01-2019, 02:42 AM

Excellent posts ladies.
I’m very much into holistic healing
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-01-2019, 02:51 AM

Originally Posted by Realist ->
Since we've been discussing (or trying to) the power of prayer in another thread I wondered whether anyone on here is actively engaged in Reiki.

I used to make Raku pottery many years ago. Does that count?

It involved a lot of praying to ensure the clay didn't crack or explode in the kiln.

Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top