Join for free
Page 3 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil
Rehab44 is male  Rehab44 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-01-2019, 03:27 PM

Re: Thick ginger turd

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
Feel better Joe after your vile character assassination of one of the greatest leaders this country has ever known?

Shame on you!
He has no shame, he has said on here that he would happily behead the Royal Family, he wants to see Britain turned into a communist state, all this while collecting his benefits from government he calls scum
marmaduke
uk ( Cheshire)
marmaduke is male  marmaduke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-01-2019, 03:41 PM

Said it a million times and I still stand by it ...

NO ONE ... be it thick uni graduates or silver spooners Cameron’s cleggy and the like should be allowed into politics until they are 40 or above and have held a full time job in the real world ..how in all seriousness can a 24year old be allowed more power as an MP ???? Wrong wrong wrong

Teachers , no one should be allowed to become a teacher unless over 35 and held a real job in the real world as by their own words ‘ we are more than a teacher ... we shape the future generations !’ ... I agree , and this PC nonsense starts at school !
Devo
SW UK
Devo is male  Devo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-01-2019, 04:01 PM

We have a strange mental disorder in this country whereby we venerate war and everything to do with it. Consequently, WW2, still being within some people's memory is our very own Golgotha and Empty Tomb roiled into one quasi-religious national obsession, beyond criticism in many eyes. Churchill being an integral part of this fake testament, is similarly venerated. That he was an alcoholic, a racist, an early adopter of poison gas and concentration camps is conveniently overlooked, not relevant to his holy standing. The country at the time saw through him and he was roundly ejected once his use had been dissipated as the war ended but his sainthood grew in some minds.
Hence a perfectly fair comment gets attacked with all the intellect rigour expected of a slime mould and fellow travellers applaud!
marmaduke
uk ( Cheshire)
marmaduke is male  marmaduke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-01-2019, 04:21 PM

Originally Posted by Devo ->
We have a strange mental disorder in this country whereby we venerate war and everything to do with it. Consequently, WW2, still being within some people's memory is our very own Golgotha and Empty Tomb roiled into one quasi-religious national obsession, beyond criticism in many eyes. Churchill being an integral part of this fake testament, is similarly venerated. That he was an alcoholic, a racist, an early adopter of poison gas and concentration camps is conveniently overlooked, not relevant to his holy standing. The country at the time saw through him and he was roundly ejected once his use had been dissipated as the war ended but his sainthood grew in some minds.
Hence a perfectly fair comment gets attacked with all the intellect rigour expected of a slime mould and fellow travellers applaud!

Yet voted greatest ever Briton

The 10 greatest controversies of Winston Churchill's career http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-29701767

In 2002 Churchill saw off the likes of Shakespeare, Darwin and Brunel to be voted the greatest ever Briton.
But in a career spanning some 70 years, he had more than a few moments of controversy.
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-01-2019, 04:23 PM

I believe it's possible that winning the war might have something to do with it?
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-01-2019, 04:26 PM

Originally Posted by ruthio ->
I believe it's possible that winning the war might have something to do with it?
Other wars are available.
marmaduke
uk ( Cheshire)

29-01-2019, 04:33 PM

Originally Posted by ruthio ->
I think it’s more that this country more than any other is apologetic for its past , I’m still apologising for the slave trade yet I’d never dream of thumping a Roman on the nose and saying that’s for 2000 years ago , or kicking a Viking if I saw one today but we do ... take one look at America with Stars and Stripes everywhere , Chris Kyle dies ( so sad , great man) and America comes to a standstill to pay respects ... here in the uk all the rot comes out from under their stones to vilify people who under immense pressure did the best with what they had FOR THE BEST OF THEIR NATION ... whilst those that have in reality never done anything of note sit on the sidelines in their comfy safe houses and snipe
Last Tango
North Ayrshire, Scotland
Last Tango is female  Last Tango has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-01-2019, 04:34 PM

Originally Posted by marmaduke ->
Said it a million times and I still stand by it ...

NO ONE ... be it thick uni graduates or silver spooners Cameron’s cleggy and the like should be allowed into politics until they are 40 or above and have held a full time job in the real world ..how in all seriousness can a 24year old be allowed more power as an MP ???? Wrong wrong wrong

Teachers , no one should be allowed to become a teacher unless over 35 and held a real job in the real world as by their own words ‘ we are more than a teacher ... we shape the future generations !’ ... I agree , and this PC nonsense starts at school !
Well said, Marmaduke! Having worked in schools for years, I found that in the majority of cases those who made the best teachers had come from positions in industry.
marmaduke
uk ( Cheshire)

29-01-2019, 04:49 PM

When flying to America do you get on the flight with the captain who has 30 years experience or the 17 year old air cadet ?
When sailing the QE2 Di they give the ship to the experienced seafarer or the uni qualified 24 year old ? Yet when it comes to teaching there is a saying , those who can ‘do’ those who can’t ‘teach ‘ and I think life teaches you many things and politicians and teachers simply by definition of their occupation and the effects it has on many many people should have experienced life before passing their wisdom onto others
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-01-2019, 04:55 PM

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
Feel better Joe after your vile character assassination of one of the greatest leaders this country has ever known?

Shame on you!

Huh??? - pathetic !!!

Churchill was an ignorant moron who cost this country dearly, not in one but in two world wars. Firstly it was his idea that we attack Turkey through the Dardenells during WW! and the debacle that followed cost us dearly in lives needlessly thrown away, together with all the arms, ammunition and a large number of ships sunk on their way to or returning home afterwards, One of those ships was the sister-ship of the Titanic, the Britannic which had been converted into a hospital ship and when sunk was carrying a large number of wounded service personnel.

During WW2 he almost caused the loss of the North African campaign when he insisted General Auchinleck transfer large numbers of his troops to prop up the Greeks fighting against both the Italians and Germans. Once again there was a large loss of lives, equipment and ships in attempting to evacuate the troops, firstly from the Greek mainland, and then from Crete.

Page 3 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top