Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-01-2019, 05:15 PM

New oil and gas find

Seems things are looking somewhat 'rosy' for Scotland's economy after the latest oil and gas find. This will perhaps give the Scottish Government fresh incentive to push for another referendum and ultimate 'independence'.

https://www.aol.co.uk/news/2019/01/2...gas-companies/
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-01-2019, 05:23 PM

Re: New oil and gas find

Your mate Lucas won't be best pleased - the Green's are trying to discourage the use of fossil fuels and the search for them. How much will Scotland benefit from this latest discovery in real terms as most of the companies finding these new sources are foreign owned?
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-01-2019, 05:27 PM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
Your mate Lucas won't be best pleased - the Green's are trying to discourage the use of fossil fuels and the search for them. How much will Scotland benefit from this latest discovery in real terms as most of the companies finding these new sources are foreign owned?

That's an issue for the Scottish Government to resolve - but I wish them well, and if it results in Scottish independence and a break up of the UK - then I say BRING IT ON!!!
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-01-2019, 05:40 PM

I can't see anything happening until Brexit is done and dusted. But you can never tell.
Ray Cathode
Scotland, UK (but not EU)
Ray Cathode is male  Ray Cathode has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-01-2019, 07:00 PM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
if it results in Scottish independence and a break up of the UK - then I say BRING IT ON!!!

Awa an bile yer heid sassenach.

Btw CNOOC is the China National Offshore Oil Company
marmaduke
uk ( Cheshire)
marmaduke is male  marmaduke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-01-2019, 07:07 PM

That's an issue for the Scottish Government to resolve - but I wish them well, and if it results in Scottish independence and a break up of the UK - then I say BRING IT ON!!!
I’d imagine if it was turned around and instead of the SNP demanding the Scottish to have the right to vote ... but let’s have a fair say and call it ‘ breaking up of the united kingdom’ referendum where the whole of the UK WAS TO VOTE .... Scotland would be kicked into touch and have its freedom by tomorrow morning !
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-01-2019, 09:30 PM

Seems things are looking somewhat 'rosy' for Scotland's economy after the latest oil and gas find. This will perhaps give the Scottish Government fresh incentive to push for another referendum and ultimate 'independence'.
Big difference between discovering oil and getting it out of the ground on a commercial basis. Look at the "Gatwick Gusher" that was supposed to be so fantastic. Lots of media coverage and shameless "ramping" for the UKOG (UK Oil and Gas) company headed by one David Lenigas, now notorious in the stock market world.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK

30-01-2019, 08:43 AM

Originally Posted by ray cathode ->
awa an bile yer heid sassenach.

btw cnooc is the china national offshore oil company

and???
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-02-2019, 04:21 PM

So when are you off to live in Russia UJ?
With so much bile towards the UK i am surprised you don't have chronic indigestion .
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK

05-02-2019, 09:05 AM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
So when are you off to live in Russia UJ?
With so much bile towards the UK i am surprised you don't have chronic indigestion .

Hmmm - can't take criticism I see. Equally applies if anyone dare to criticise the zionist government - immediatly out comes the 'A' word !!! irrespective of there being no criticism of jews or jewish culture per se.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top