Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-01-2019, 01:32 AM

Obesity in Crawley

Apparently one third of all the residents of Crawley are obese.
Is this possible ?
Anyone here from Crawley ?
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-01-2019, 01:35 AM

Re: Obesity in Crawley

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
Apparently one third of all the residents of Crawley are obese.
Is this possible ?
Anyone here from Crawley ?
That sounds creepy....

I wonder where they get their figures from?
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-01-2019, 01:47 AM

I am watching with one eye on some dreadful programme on obesity.( on benefits )

It sad these people need help.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-01-2019, 02:19 AM

The figures attached are out-of-date, but even they indicate that 60% are overweight and 25% are obese, so the TV facts are probably correct by now .....

http://jsna.westsussex.gov.uk/crawle...adult-obesity/

Adults (16yrs +) with excess weight or obesity (2012-14), Crawley

For adults, obesity is generally defined for epidemiological purposes as a body mass index (BMI) equal to, or exceeding 30kg/m^2 (National Obesity Observatory, PHE). Excess weight is defined as a BMI of 25kg/m^2 or more.

The table below illustrate the estimated prevalence of obesity (BMI >=30kg/m^2) and excess weight (BMI >=25kg/m^2) among adults in Crawley. This data is from the Active People Survey and spans 2012-14. Wide confidence intervals suggest that there may be little difference in the prevalence of excess weight and obesity across areas.

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	Crawley Obesity.jpg
Views:	79
Size:	52.4 KB
ID:	8591  
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-01-2019, 02:48 AM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
That sounds creepy....

I wonder where they get their figures from?
they haven't got any real figures - they're obese!!
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-01-2019, 02:50 AM

I am watching with one eye sone dreadful programme on obesity.( on benefits )

They do need help, Muddy, ideally with being sent back to school to learn to read first.
It usually affects those in society called Liam and Chelsea who thrive on ignorance; Jeremy Kyle Show rejects who slump over their shopping trollies full of crisps and pizzaa in B&M at 2pm on a Monday afternoon in their fusty jim jams because they are too bone idle to even walk properly. Then they go home again to watch their Grey's Anatomy box sets and Love Island and TOWIE repeats after their chips and burger meal drinking Lambrini to settle down on their recliners for the evening for the WWF wrestling match whilst posting photos of each others' neck tattoos on Instagram.

Sorry, but it's sadly true!
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-01-2019, 02:51 AM

I am watching with one eye sone dreadful programme on obesity.( on benefits )

it's sad these people need help - why would it be sad??
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-01-2019, 08:44 AM

Hi

I have really noticed the difference since I moved last Year.

No Takeaways in a rural farming village and people had active jobs, very little obesity.

Not many visible tattoos either and the kids did not walk around all day glued to mobiles.

Fast forward to where I live now in a town.

Takeaway flyers through the door everyday, free delivery locally.

An Ex Council estate, most are working, decent jobs in engineering and construction.

You can spot the unemployed families, obese, tattooed and takeaways being delivered.

This not me being snobbish, just a fact of life.

The working locals are annoyed, a takeaway is a once a week treat, they watch their money, they pay for everything.

What is also apparent is that those who are working take a pride in their house, the lawns are cut, no piles of rubbish in the garden, no overflowing bins.

The non workers, who have plenty of time on their hands, do not take a pride in their house or it's surroundings.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK

31-01-2019, 08:48 AM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

I have really noticed the difference since I moved last Year.

No Takeaways in a rural farming village and people had active jobs, very little obesity.

Not many visible tattoos either and the kids did not walk around all day glued to mobiles.

Fast forward to where I live now in a town.

Takeaway flyers through the door everyday, free delivery locally.

An Ex Council estate, most are working, decent jobs in engineering and construction.

You can spot the unemployed families, obese, tattooed and takeaways being delivered.

This not me being snobbish, just a fact of life.

The working locals are annoyed, a takeaway is a once a week treat, they watch their money, they pay for everything.

What is also apparent is that those who are working take a pride in their house, the lawns are cut, no piles of rubbish in the garden, no overflowing bins.

The non workers, who have plenty of time on their hands, do not take a pride in their house or it's surroundings.
Well observed Swims I was wondering if all these people were chosen just to make good television and everyone else's blood pressure rise !
It as if they are a different race .
However I feel they would rather not be in that situation two of the men were anxious to work but were dismissed out of hand when people saw how big they were .
Must be very depressing .
Rural communities tend to be wealthier .
There are no overweight people where I live but one only has to move to a poorer built up area 16 miles away to see obesity .
If someone has a hopeless life food must loom very important .
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-01-2019, 08:49 AM

Oi! Floydy! My SIL is called Liam! He's not obese, daft or from Crawley! Poink!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top