Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
fender
Chatterbox
SE England
fender is male  fender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-02-2019, 09:24 PM

Re: new extra fierworks day

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
Perhaps they could have a harvesting bank holiday seeing as we will all be ploughing the fields and scattering after brexit....
I've already dug up me patio....
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-02-2019, 10:03 PM

If we did get out (and it's patently clear we never will be allowed to) then whichever date it turned out to be should become our Independence Day.

Street party time.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-02-2019, 11:49 PM

Originally Posted by d00d ->
Easter! wasn't it the Romans who gave us that?

I want a proper brexit, none of that catholic stuff.
No, it's named after the Germanic goddess of dawn and the Spring, Oestre. It was stolen by the Christian cult to convince Pagans that it was actually a Christian festival.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-02-2019, 12:31 AM

Originally Posted by Realist ->
If we did get out (and it's patently clear we never will be allowed to) then whichever date it turned out to be should become our Independence Day.

Street party time.
Given the level of division in this country it would end up a riot rather than a party.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-02-2019, 12:33 AM

Quite enough fireworks as it is. What with guy fawkes, New years eve, diwali, eid, etc. Poor pets and wildlife!

Yep. I'll agree with that.
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-02-2019, 09:06 AM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
No, it's named after the Germanic goddess of dawn and the Spring, Oestre. It was stolen by the Christian cult to convince Pagans that it was actually a Christian festival.
Thanks Judd, I knew there was conspiracy in there somewhere.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-02-2019, 09:23 AM

Perhaps they could have a harvesting bank holiday seeing as we will all be ploughing the fields and scattering after brexit....
We could call it, "Forward to the Past" day and dress up as Jacob, Boris and Nigel!
Lindyloo
isle of wight
Lindyloo is female  Lindyloo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-02-2019, 09:24 AM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
And why not celebrate us getting out of the EU? this should be like 5 November with fireworks every year. That should remind those EU members what it is like not to be tied down by other countries and non elected leaders
Can't we have a Kill the BBC day instead?
We can only celebrate with 100% British things......nothing imported...... think this may be heading toward British folklore.......Oh No No No!! ......not Morris Men....pleassseee no!
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-02-2019, 09:29 AM

Yes Morris Men, Hobby horse, mummers and everything British!
You have to like everything or you're un-patriotic!
TessA
Official Poinker
UK

08-02-2019, 09:30 AM

Originally Posted by fender ->
I've already dug up me patio....
I'm fattening up me hedgehog amd looking for squirrels!

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top