Join for free
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-02-2019, 12:45 AM

Re: Fgm

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
From what I've read or heard it's something that is enforced by women onto women. Such is the way of the world.

We cannot stop it happening in other parts of the world but I cannot understand how it's possible that it's still legal here.... anyone understand the legal bits of why there was a vote?
Maybe they're brainwashed into thinking it's acceptable because it's a cultural thing? I can't understand why some women condone forced marriages on their daughters and think it's natural thing to do either.
Moscow
Scotland
Moscow is male  Moscow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-02-2019, 02:12 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
From what I've read or heard it's something that is enforced by women onto women. Such is the way of the world.

We cannot stop it happening in other parts of the world but I cannot understand how it's possible that it's still legal here.... anyone understand the legal bits of why there was a vote?

Not quite.

It is a procedure forced upon children by adults.

The procedure is generally carried out by women but it is done with the implicit approval and under the instruction of the men in that community in order to control and subjugate the women the child eventually becomes.

It is a heinous and barbaric practice that is rightly illegal in the UK.

Truth is you can't easily know if a child has been mutilated without doing a very personal inspection. This is where the NHS has to play a role and any child/woman found to have undergone this procedure by an examining physician or midwife..even if at the point of childbirth, should be referred to the police for investigation as to who did the procedure and , if abroad, who facilitated their travel abroad.

This can be stopped but it needs a multi-agency approach.

https://www.gov.uk/female-genital-mu...on-help-advice

Btw there also are muslim groups opposed to this practice but let's be clear........This is a Christian problem too!!

Shock , horror..........Christians, including Roman Catholics do this to their daughters also!!!

The truth is that it is a central African , sub-saharan cultural issue that includes practicees in every country in that region from Gambia through to Eritrea.
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-02-2019, 02:39 PM

From what I gather this PMB bill they wont to inspect any girl babies going out of the country and inspect them when they return to see if they have been abused.

PS its being against the law to abuse baby girls like this since 1985

And the powers that be have had one conviction since.

Shades of Rotherham just turn a blind eye.

Maybe the law should make any doctor examining any older women who have had this done to them as a child. to report it and prosecute their parents
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-02-2019, 02:43 PM

Originally Posted by Moscow
Btw there also are muslim groups opposed to this practice but let's be clear........This is a Christian problem too!!

Shock , horror..........Christians, including Roman Catholics do this to their daughters also!!!
In this country?
Evidence please...
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-02-2019, 03:03 PM

Originally Posted by ruthio ->
In this country?
Evidence please...
The Jewish practice of the mutilation of the male babies sexual organ.
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-02-2019, 03:08 PM

Originally Posted by galty ->
Yes, circumcision.
Many male babies were circumcised who weren't Jewish, considered to be more sanitary.
But Moscow said "daughters"
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex

10-02-2019, 03:29 PM

Yes, circumcision.
Many male babies were circumcised who weren't Jewish, considered to be more sanitary.
But Moscow said "daughters"
Its still mutilation.
Moscow
Scotland
Moscow is male  Moscow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-02-2019, 03:43 PM

In this country?
Evidence please...

Why are you getting angry with me?

You seem to be putting words in my mouth and then asking for evidence of something you've stated.

If you re read my post you won't see any claim that FGM has been recognised as a Christian practice here in the UK.

My post was designed to highlight that this is a mostly central African cultural phenomenom that crosses religious boundaries but which has, as we know,been encouraged by some groups in the UK.

I have a link here https://www.motherjones.com/kevin-dr...uslim-problem/

It's important to understand the wider problem to be able to tackle it in the UK is my point.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-02-2019, 04:30 PM

Originally Posted by galty ->

Galty It's not the same .
Circumcision is the removal of a bit of skin .
A minor procedure
FGM, which involves the partial or complete removal of the genitalia, is a life changing brutal and agonising experience
It subjugates women, makes intercourse extremely difficult and painful, and can be the cause of a number of serious medical complications, including not only haemorrhage but also urinary retention, urinary infection, wound infection, and septicaemiais .
Generally in the countries where it is most widely performed, hygiene is poor, and thus both hepatitis and tetanus have also resulted.
Apart from a couple of isolated cases none of this happens in circumcision Jewish or otherwise .( Theis are usually done by someone with skill under hygienic conditions )
Its rather like comparing ear piercing with sawing off a person's entire ear with a rusty hacksaw by your grandma while sat near a midden.
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex

10-02-2019, 04:56 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
Galty It's not the same .
Circumcision is the removal of a bit of skin .
A minor procedure
FGM, which involves the partial or complete removal of the genitalia, is a life changing brutal and agonising experience
It subjugates women, makes intercourse extremely difficult and painful, and can be the cause of a number of serious medical complications, including not only haemorrhage but also urinary retention, urinary infection, wound infection, and septicaemiais .
Generally in the countries where it is most widely performed, hygiene is poor, and thus both hepatitis and tetanus have also resulted.
Apart from a couple of isolated cases none of this happens in circumcision Jewish or otherwise .( Theis are usually done by someone with skill under hygienic conditions )
Its rather like comparing ear piercing with sawing off a person's entire ear with a rusty hacksaw by your grandma while sat near a midden.
Both are still mutilation of a young child.

Just because one is for the boy as you call it Minor.

And the other is according to you is not minor.

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top