Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-02-2019, 09:14 PM

Deselection of MPs by Tory Parties!

In the Daily Telegraph, Christopher Hope is reporting that two senior Tory MPs are facing deselection votes at their annual meetings.

Sir Alan Duncan is named as one, Sarah Wollaston is the other.

Duncan is facing a vote of no confidence whilst Wollaston is being challenged by a letter signed by more than 50 members.

So, the come-uppance, for going against the Brexit will of the people, has started.

Hope my MP is next - although I cannot vote for that as I am not a member!

Apparently there are also moves afoot to unseat Two other Tories, Heidi Allen and Dominic Grieve.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-02-2019, 09:23 PM

Re: Deselection of MPs by Tory Parties!

I wish someone would deselect the loud-mouthed Soubrey woman, she doesn't know when to shut up.
fender
Chatterbox
SE England
fender is male  fender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-02-2019, 09:26 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
I wish someone would deselect the loud-mouthed Soubrey woman, she doesn't know when to shut up.
She's irritating to say the very least. Can't abide the woman.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-02-2019, 09:27 PM

Originally Posted by Tedc ->
In the Daily Telegraph, Christopher Hope is reporting that two senior Tory MPs are facing deselection votes at their annual meetings.

Duncan is facing a vote of no confidence whilst Wollaston is being challenged by a letter signed by more than 50 members.

So, the come-uppance, for going against the Brexit will of the people, has started.

Apparently there are also moves afoot to unseat Two other Tories, Heidi Allen and Dominic Grieve.
No one will be deselected at this time, the government majority is too small and they need as many MPs as possible
to get them through to the next election post leaving the EU
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-02-2019, 09:51 PM

Originally Posted by Tedc ->

Would be nice if you gave a link to this
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-02-2019, 11:03 PM

Originally Posted by galty ->
Would be nice if you gave a link to this
Try:-

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics...nual-meetings/

Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-02-2019, 03:12 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
No one will be deselected at this time, the government majority is too small and they need as many MPs as possible to get them through to the next election post leaving the EU
You're having a laugh. Looney Labour is now self destructing. They already lost the last election in catastrophic style and have spent the last 2 to 3 years worshiping the unelectable idiot Corbyn who was the whole reason they lost that election. Now the Looney Labour party is falling apart as 7 key MPs split off to go form their own party and to try and restore some balance.

There won't be a labour government for a great many years to come. Tories will romp home in any subsequent election.
Vaniy
Spain
Vaniy is male  Vaniy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-02-2019, 03:18 PM

And quite right too
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-02-2019, 09:52 AM

Aren't the respective scumbag 'nasty party' associations acting in a classical Stalinist manner ???
Puddle Duck
Cheshire. UK
Puddle Duck is female  Puddle Duck has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-02-2019, 03:23 PM

And there we have it, Soubry, Wollaston and Allen the Terrible Three.

Did they jump or were they pushed ?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top