Join for free
Page 9 of 12 « First < 7 8 9 10 11 > Last »
Ray Cathode
Scotland, UK (but not EU)
Ray Cathode is male  Ray Cathode has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-07-2019, 09:35 PM

Re: Brexit and Fisheries.

Originally Posted by Solasch ->
Ah! That explains why leavers think they need a deal with the usa. Because just as in 39-45 you need them to achieve what you are impotent to do on your own.

Possibly your most offensive post out of 2823, well done now **** off.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-07-2019, 09:56 PM

Originally Posted by Ray Cathode ->
Possibly your most offensive post out of 2823, well done now **** off.
Fishing for compliments, are you?
Ray Cathode
Ray Cathode is male  Ray Cathode has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-07-2019, 10:08 PM

Fishing for compliments, are you?

Trying to get me banned, are you?
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-07-2019, 10:18 PM

Trying to get me banned, are you?
Why should I? I for one appreciate your input, however crude you sometimes formulate. I just suppose that shows your involvement.
Ray Cathode

17-07-2019, 10:26 PM

Why should I? I for one appreciate your input, however crude you sometimes formulate. I just suppose that shows your involvement.

Your 2825 posts in the brexit threads are a mystery to me, and I suspect others, if the EU is such a paradise why should it matter if we leave?
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-07-2019, 10:56 PM

Your 2825 posts in the brexit threads are a mystery to me, and I suspect others, if the EU is such a paradise why should it matter if we leave?
The real reason why he, and others like him, try so hard to persuade us to remain in their empire is quite simple.

When we leave, so do our 'contributions'.

As we are, I think, the second biggest contributor to the EU's economy, that's quite a large loss to them.

How could they make up for the loss?

The only way I can think of is to demand the remaining members each pay more than they already pay. It could be, though, that some member countries are asked to pay more whilst others pay less. That wouldn't surprise me one little bit, and it would be interested to know what their plans are in this respect!

It gets better! If a second country then leaves, that's even more everyone else will have to pay in. Then a third, etc, etc.

Clearly, once we have left, everyone else will naturally be thinking "who's next?" and "am I going to be the last?", because the later that nations decide to leave, the more they will find themselves paying.

Our Brexit could well inaugurate a landslide!
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands

17-07-2019, 11:40 PM

I fully accept your leaving, it is what you chose for.
And of course the EU isn't paradise, but there is logic in being part of it. So it is unlogic to want to leave. That proces in britain is fascinating.
We can learn a lot from what is happening in Britain now, it is a kind of testing ground for what is going on in the world. In Europe, for example, we talk a lot about globalization and how the fear of it feeds populism. In England it is more about Europeanization: for example Pakistani migrants are already used to it, but when many Eastern Europeans made the big crossing, xenophobia increased. And that Europeanization has more of a face than globalization, in the form of Tusk and Juncker, for example. There is only a small group of hardline brexiteers, but he knows how to play xenophobic sentiment in British society. The Brexit is a result of a monster alliance between a privileged elite and the xenophobic part of the population. It is interesting how the British solve this themselves.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-07-2019, 03:09 AM

Hi

We were promised that Brexit meant taking back Control.

Fisheries were an important part of this.

There was the famous boat on the Thames, a huge photo opportunity.

Promises, promises, promises.

Now, even one of the most rabid Brexiteers is going back on the promises.

I find this disgusting.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-07-2019, 09:55 AM

Swimmy, I don't trust one single one of our politicians. Each cares only for their own self-interest. Gove betrayal with regard to Fishing is just one more typical and expected example of that. It's not the first time he has done it, is it? He is so blatant with his "go with the flow" with whomever he thinks is in the driving seat.

Boris is another. Today's headline in the DM - Boris stating that he will never do a deal with Nigel - what cloud is he living on? He has but a matter of weeks to come up with a deal for Brexit and already the EU have said they will not budge on the withdrawal agreement, He has Remain MP's within his own party eager and willing to stab him in the back and if necessary, bring down their own party in order to remain in the EU. He has Gina Miller taking legal action to prevent him from carrying out his threat of deal or no deal, and yet his sheer arrogance in his statement allows him to pompously state that under no circumstances would he ever do a deal with Nigel Farage??

Boris should sit up for a moment and get his head out from up his backside. He may well be feeling triumphant at his success of becoming a caretaker Prime Minister, but he really should get it into his thick skull that this isn't Eton, he is no longer in the Bullingdon Club and Brexit is just another challenge for him to take on. This is the UK's future, and if he does not succeed, he needn't worry about "not doing a deal with Nigel" because he will be out on his ear toot sweet with the inevitable General Election, Either Corbyn, the Libdems or Nigel will then be in the driving seat.

Idiot!
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-07-2019, 10:12 AM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

We were promised that Brexit meant taking back Control.

Fisheries were an important part of this.

There was the famous boat on the Thames, a huge photo opportunity.

Promises, promises, promises.

Now, even one of the most rabid Brexiteers is going back on the promises.

I find this disgusting.
i find it disgusting as well but I am certainly not surprised. What else could you expect from an odious snake oil salesman?

Page 9 of 12 « First < 7 8 9 10 11 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top