Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-07-2019, 09:18 PM

Re: What is this

Hi

Most do not know how to use them and end up injuring themselves.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-07-2019, 09:34 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Most do not know how to use them and end up injuring themselves.

I think the creepy man in the video said they are illegal in the UK, so I wonder how school kids acquired them?
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-07-2019, 09:49 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
I think the creepy man in the video said they are illegal in the UK, so I wonder how school kids acquired them?
One quick search shows it's not exactly difficult to find them or I guess buy them. Anything can be found on the internet. I had a quick look at the T&Cs on this website and couldn't find anything about the legalities of either owning or buying these. There are always older siblings or friends to 'help out' with the purchase. Look also at the prices, some of them are not exactly expensive:

https://www.etsy.com/uk/market/shuriken
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-07-2019, 09:56 PM

Originally Posted by Baz46 ->
One quick search shows it's not exactly difficult to find them or I guess buy them. Anything can be found on the internet. I had a quick look at the T&Cs on this website and couldn't find anything about the legalities of either owning or buying these. There are always older siblings or friends to 'help out' with the purchase. Look also at the prices, some of them are not exactly expensive:

https://www.etsy.com/uk/market/shuriken

Good grief, Baz.
I am amazed at those low prices!

They surely can't do as much damage as a knife though, because they couldn't puncture as far as a long blade, surely.
What gruesome thoughts I'm having.
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-07-2019, 10:06 PM

Good grief, Baz.
I am amazed at those low prices!

They surely can't do as much damage as a knife though, because they couldn't puncture as far as a long blade, surely.
What gruesome thoughts I'm having.
Gruesome thoughts indeed Mups!

Just think though how close to the surface of our bodies our arteries are, those in our neck or those in our arms and legs, then you will realise it doesn't take as much as is often thought to inflict fatal wounds.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-07-2019, 10:10 PM

What about Rice Flails, at least this weapon injured more of the perpetrators than the recipients.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

17-07-2019, 10:11 PM

Originally Posted by Baz46 ->
Gruesome thoughts indeed Mups!

Just think though how close to the surface of our bodies our arteries are, those in our neck or those in our arms and legs, then you will realise it doesn't take as much as is often thought to inflict fatal wounds.

Oh yes, I suppose so.
I never thought of it like that, I was probably thinking more of internal organs.

I think I'd best stop thinking things like this before I go to bed!
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-07-2019, 10:25 PM

And he's condemning them being illegal by virtue that throwing knives and axes aren't illegal as they can also be thrown, but fails to point out that shuriken have multiple blades so at least one of those blades will cut into you whereas knife and axe throwing takes a modicum of skill.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-07-2019, 10:28 PM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
What about Rice Flails, at least this weapon injured more of the perpetrators than the recipients.
Aye, the nunchuks made famous by Bruce Lee - do yourself a mischief with those.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-07-2019, 10:29 PM

Yes, the Cutting Edge can be a double edged sword.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top