Join for free
Page 7 of 36 « First < 5 6 7 8 9 17 > Last »
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-10-2017, 10:52 AM

Re: Energy: SMART Meters

we had a meter on our LPG gas tank at the kennels. The idea was it would send a radio signal to the suppliers when the tank needed refilling. 3 replacement meters later and constant phone calls from us they gave up. seems where we were the signal wasn't received, a total waste of time with that bit of kit anyway. Suppose smart meters work the same way in sending energy usage to the supplier.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-10-2017, 10:53 AM

Same here Foxy.
They have repeatedly asked me and I have refused.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-10-2017, 10:55 AM

Hi

No smart meter for me.

I do have one of these and it has saved me a mint.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/OWL-micro-W.../dp/B007W0SQ3Y
Boozercruiser
Chatterbox
Wales
Boozercruiser is male  Boozercruiser has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-10-2017, 10:55 AM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
we had a meter on our LPG gas tank at the kennels. The idea was it would send a radio signal to the suppliers when the tank needed refilling. 3 replacement meters later and constant phone calls from us they gave up. seems where we were the signal wasn't received, a total waste of time with that bit of kit anyway. Suppose smart meters work the same way in sending energy usage to the supplier.
I would say so as well Speed.
Thank you for your replies already folks.
And I think the case against having a smart meter installed is proven right there!
Boozercruiser
Chatterbox
Wales
Boozercruiser is male  Boozercruiser has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-10-2017, 10:58 AM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

No smart meter for me.

I do have one of these and it has saved me a mint.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/OWL-micro-W.../dp/B007W0SQ3Y
Yes Swim.
I have the NEST which is very similar, and has saved us a mint also.

https://nest.com/uk/thermostats/nest...at/tech-specs/
CeeCee
UK
CeeCee is female  CeeCee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-10-2017, 11:40 AM

I said no to a SM simply because the man from Scottish Power told me that my kitchen units would need to be taken out in order to access the gas meter. I could not see my landlord agreeing to that, hence my no.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-10-2017, 11:45 AM

No smart meters here , they are a total waste of money

I don't need a meter to tell me when I am using appliances and to turn things off, I can't afford to waste energy.

I already read my own meter every month and submit the reading so my energy supplier gains nothing from my having a meter.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-10-2017, 12:01 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
No smart meters here , they are a total waste of money

I don't need a meter to tell me when I am using appliances and to turn things off, I can't afford to waste energy.

I already read my own meter every month and submit the reading so my energy supplier gains nothing from my having a meter

Same here Meg, only I do mine quarterly just before the bill is due so I know it is accurate.
I won't pay estimated bills.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-10-2017, 12:04 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Same here Meg, only I do mine quarterly just before the bill is due so I know it is accurate.
I won't pay estimated bills.
I generate my own bills Mups I can put in a meter reading and generate one instantly so I am able to keep track of usage. I do it once a month.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

16-10-2017, 12:06 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
I generate my own bills Mups I can put in a meter reading and generate one instantly so I am able to keep track of usage. I do it once a month.

What a good idea.
Are you with British Gas?

Page 7 of 36 « First < 5 6 7 8 9 17 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top