Join for free
DerekP
Leeds, United Kingdom
DerekP is male  DerekP has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-04-2015, 09:21 AM

Barnum the musical

Went to see Barnum yesterday. It's on tour and is at Leeds Grand Theatre until next week. What a great show. The entire cast is fantastic performing acrobatics and juggling for almost the entire show. Brian Conlon is made for the part of Barnum and is a real showman. If it comes to a theatre near you it's well worth a visit.:
Anita
Midlands, UK
Anita is female  Anita has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-04-2015, 09:23 AM

Re: Barnum the musical

It's one I haven't see, will def go to see it if the opportunity arrives, I love a good musical.
DerekP
Leeds, United Kingdom
DerekP is male  DerekP has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-04-2015, 10:48 PM

Hi Anita, It's well worth a visit. Do you manage to get to the theatre very often? I am lucky living near Leeds, we have about 5 decent venues to choose from.
Anita
Midlands, UK
Anita is female  Anita has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-04-2015, 10:55 PM

I do go fairly often, I've been to see quite a lot over the years, I have been to a few in London and went to see 'Phantom' in Toronto.
I saw 'Les Mis' in Dublin but I'm not a fan of that really, I mostly go to Birmingham though.
Anita
Midlands, UK

29-04-2015, 11:50 AM

Have now booked to see Barnum on August 1st in Birmingham, starring Brian Conley.
Grumblewagon
Aberdeenshire
Grumblewagon is male  Grumblewagon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-04-2015, 01:34 PM

I saw Barnum some years ago in Portsmouth. It was fantastic!
The last musical I saw was 'Anything Goes' last December in the Crucible, Sheffield (now on tour) - also a really wonderful show.
Anita
Midlands, UK

29-04-2015, 01:58 PM

Yes it's a good one, great Cole Porter musical, I saw it back in 2004 at the Theatre Royal, Drury Lane.
Its a great feel good show.
DerekP
Leeds, United Kingdom

29-04-2015, 05:33 PM

I'm sure you'll enjoy Barnum, Anita but practise your juggling before you go. Before the show starts some of the cast are in the auditorium juggling and they invite the audience to join in. It's great fun and gets everyone in the mood for the show.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top