Join for free
Page 345 of 737 « First < 245 295 335 343 344 345 346 347 355 395 445 > Last »
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-05-2019, 03:45 PM

Re: Things that annoy you!

Originally Posted by Besoeker ->
And I'm off to get plastered........
Lorna
Uk
Lorna is female  Lorna has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-05-2019, 10:18 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Well I'm off to Plastering classes.... any trouble and I'll just 'trowel' the buggers.
When i was 18 i done a painting/ decorating course and the lads would rib me terrible...was sooo annoying,
I threatened to trowel a few buggers there too !!
I Was bluddy good an all !
See back in day young (gorgeous !) girls didnt do that, it was a 'guys' thing at collage.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-05-2019, 10:48 PM

College, back then a little knowledge, was a dangerous thing, but, maybe too much could have been critical, that is why such institutions were best avoided.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-05-2019, 11:18 AM

Originally Posted by Lorna ->
When i was 18 i done a painting/ decorating course and the lads would rib me terrible...was sooo annoying,
See back in day young (gorgeous !) girls didnt do that, it was a 'guys' thing at collage.
Nothing annoying about gorgeous college girls Lorna and if they can plaster your ceiling too..... happy days.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-05-2019, 12:09 PM

Originally Posted by Lorna ->

Good for you, Lorna.

Many years ago I briefly entered 'a man's world' too, and joined a car maintainence course.
I went with a friend, and we didn't get any hassle at all, we were accepted fine.

Mind you, I chucked it in after a short while though because I thought we would be in a workshop environment actually doing things, but we never got out the bloomin' classroom.

I found that boring, and it wasn't making any sense to me with him prattling on about engine parts that I didn't even know what they looked like! I needed to see them first.

I'm still much the same now. I learn better if I am actually shown how to do something, it's no good just telling me without demonstrating.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

06-05-2019, 12:17 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Good for you, Lorna.

Many years ago I briefly entered 'a man's world' too, and joined a car maintainence course.
I went with a friend, and we didn't get any hassle at all, we were accepted fine.

Mind you, I chucked it in after a short while though because I thought we would be in a workshop environment actually doing things, but we never got out the bloomin' classroom.

I found that boring, and it wasn't making any sense to me with him prattling on about engine parts that I didn't even know what they looked like! I needed to see them first.

I'm still much the same now. I learn better if I am actually shown how to do something, it's no good just telling me without demonstrating.
What! Even a cuppa?
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-05-2019, 12:20 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
What! Even a cuppa?

Oi you, stop sneaking up on me like that.
You made me jump.
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-05-2019, 02:53 PM

Clicking on a nice photo on the front page to find out more about it, only to get this message pop up...

ruthio, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

What the heck's that all about???
Pyxell
South of England
Pyxell is female  Pyxell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-05-2019, 03:13 PM

I've had some of those notices over the weeks. I assumed it was because I was on probation. Now I'm an oak tree, but then so are you, so I can't explain it.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-05-2019, 03:29 PM

Ruthio, was the photo one of the members' poctures which appear randomly on the front page (above the new threads box)?

I've done that before and I've got that message too. I think it's because some of those members' accounts have been deleted, therefore they are unable to be seen by existing members.

Page 345 of 737 « First < 245 295 335 343 344 345 346 347 355 395 445 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top