Join for free
Page 13 of 18 « First < 3 11 12 13 14 15 > Last »
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-05-2019, 12:12 PM

Re: I Think I’ve Made A Huge Mistake, Getting Sky Q.

Yes l can, Realist.

The Freeview aerial cable running from a specific aerial socket on the wall, went into the aerial socket situated at the back of the television.

I previously, had only two rooms able to receive Freesat. The cables came from the Sky dish on the chimney, through a hole in the wall and fitted into the back of the two Sky boxes. From the boxes, another cable ran from each box into the back of the television.
I think it was RF in and RF out?

Well? Did l pass the exam?
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-05-2019, 12:35 PM

Anyway, the engineers have just left and l now have brilliant pictures on my televisions.

The reason was, as some of you said, there were too many televisions running off the aerial on its own.

They tested the signal at No 1 and it was all over the place. The reason for this was, the old Sky Plus box had been acting as an amplifier when it was in use.
The new SkyQ box would not be able to do the same thing.

When they plugged this old Sky Plus box back in, the signal level zoomed right up to full.
They said, l could buy an amplifier to do the same job but they tucked the box at the back of television No1.

Tv no 6 was previously run off a cable attached to a ‘white thing’ at tv no 5, which they informed me was an amplifier!
They set all this back up for me and both televisions are working with great pictures.

I then asked about the severed cables left sticking out of the wall. The engineer said, this was the old Sky cable my ex partner had fitted to get Freesat via the old box at tv no2.

Why were the short wires left poking out of the wall? It was left like this, otherwise wasps, bees and ants etc could get in and build nests.

I will miss this thread, it has been very informative and interesting.
I thank you all for being so obliging, patient and advising me.

You really are great and brilliant to know.

Anyway....l have this other problem, l wonder if you can help me.... Not really, just joking.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-05-2019, 12:39 PM

..... now sit back, relax and breathe ..... in ..... and out ..... slowly .....
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-05-2019, 01:24 PM

Originally Posted by Omah ->
And that's just after reading the first few pages!

Glad it's sorted Art, but what a nightmare! 😨😱
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-05-2019, 01:29 PM

Well I'm glad you're all sorted out now, Angel. I assume the engineers who did all this were the Sky engineers. If so, I take back all I said about them!

It has been an interesting thread. Thank you.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK

08-05-2019, 02:06 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Well I'm glad you're all sorted out now, Angel. I assume the engineers who did all this were the Sky engineers. If so, I take back all I said about them!

It has been an interesting thread. Thank you.
JBR, Did you mean were they the same ones that came before to install SkyQ or were you questioning their qualifications?

They were different ones this time but very helpful.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK

08-05-2019, 02:11 PM

Originally Posted by ruthio ->
And that's just after reading the first few pages!

Glad it's sorted Art, but what a nightmare! 😨😱
Thank You ruthio.
I suppose reading it through, you might think l am obsessed with televisions and always watching them?

It’s just that l bought them when they were at great prices. I only really watch no 1 television. The others are rarely on but it’s nice to have the option.
In a way, all they are, are just ornaments that collect dust! They are even ‘old hat’ now as televisions go!
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK

08-05-2019, 02:14 PM

Originally Posted by Omah ->
Yes, Omah. I have done that and all l want to do is go to sleep. I was up until late tidying up my house, in case the men had to go in all the rooms.
I’m exhausted but the house looks great....as do the television pictures!
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-05-2019, 02:30 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
JBR, Did you mean were they the same ones that came before to install SkyQ or were you questioning their qualifications?

They were different ones this time but very helpful.
I wouldn't trust any Sky engineers!
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

08-05-2019, 02:32 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Thank You ruthio.
I suppose reading it through, you might think l am obsessed with televisions and always watching them?
Not even I could watch seven televisions all at the same time!

Page 13 of 18 « First < 3 11 12 13 14 15 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top