Join for free
Page 8 of 10 « First < 6 7 8 9 10 >
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-08-2019, 10:03 AM

Re: Holiday Hunger!

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
Well lets be honest, modern governments couldn't organize a P..s up at a brewery, because they are more interested in getting votes at the general elections. We need a PM with a plan that doesn't con people, who hope to get more for themselves, but understands how to get us out of the mess that many previous PMs have created..... by sucking up to their voters!
Quite agree with you Twink55. All the problems this country has are known about and in detail too. Nobody though it seems is able or willing, for one reason or another, to take the bull by the horns and do something positive and get on with what so badly needs doing.

Maybe it will not be until we have 'gone down the tubes' that a 'top down sort out' happens as we will then be forced by necessity to do something. I always hope that things never come to this but as time goes on and nothing changes I really do wonder – just how is this all going to finish up?
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-08-2019, 10:07 AM

All that is needed is real jobs with realistic wages, something that has not existed for a long time.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-08-2019, 10:11 AM

Originally Posted by Purwell ->
All that is needed is real jobs with realistic wages, something that has not existed for a long time.
and people who want to work those jobs, there are some idle buggers in this world who want money for nothing.
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-08-2019, 10:15 AM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
and people who want to work those jobs, there are some idle buggers in this world who want money for nothing.
You really have no idea what it is like to claim benefit do you?
It is not money for nothing, you have to keep a record of how many jobs you have applied for and any feed back and if you don't do this your benefit will be stopped.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-08-2019, 10:18 AM

Is that unreasonable ?
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-08-2019, 10:28 AM

You really have no idea what it is like to claim benefit do you?
It is not money for nothing, you have to keep a record of how many jobs you have applied for and any feed back and if you don't do this your benefit will be stopped.
It is not hard work to keep a record of jobs applied for & feedback! It is a sad fact that these measures wouldn't have to taken if so many claimers didn't try to claim money they are not entitled to!
Lets be fair Purwell, lots of people are working to look after their own families, yet still have to pay Tax & NI to provide benefits for those who haven't got a job...so keeping a record of how much effort they have put into getting a job is hardly unreasonable, is it?
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England

28-08-2019, 10:31 AM

I didn't say it was unreasonable did I?
I am pointing out that it is not as easy as the media make it out to be.
Do any of you actually know anyone who is managing to claim benefits that they are not entitled to?
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-08-2019, 10:38 AM

Do any of you actually know anyone who is managing to claim benefits that they are not entitled to?
I don't mix with liars and cheats, but try asking anybody who works in the benefits department how many there are. I was amazed, when I asked people who work in the benefits department, at how many people there are....and a lot of them don't get caught.... so there are many more!
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-08-2019, 03:11 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
Is that unreasonable ?
No - it is right and proper!
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-08-2019, 03:14 PM

Yes - a couple! And it makes me cross - one of them is an ex-social worker who knows exactly which forms to fill in and how to the answer the questions to his advantage.

Page 8 of 10 « First < 6 7 8 9 10 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top