Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-11-2020, 10:17 PM

Re: What's your favourite ....

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
I don't cook. I'm married.

You should try it Todgy, you might find you like it, it can be very rewarding to produce a real tasty dish made by your own fair hands, or in your case your own hairy hands
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-11-2020, 10:57 PM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
A traditional Yorkshire suet-crust. Basically a beef stew made with stout. The cooked meat place into a large pie dish, boiled potatoes placed on top and then the gravy poured over the whole lot. Finally, a suet dumpling type pastry a good quarter-inch thick laid on top and crimped around the edges of the dish to keep everything in place. A hole made into the centre of the pie-crust lets the steam out. Crust brushed with milk then bunged into the oven until top brown and crisp and the underside puffed up and has a dumpling texture.
Oooh Judd, that's just my sort of food, I'm drooling.
I zoomed into the word 'dumpling'. I love anything 'suety'

Can't remember the last time I had them. Methinks you've just sorted my 'what to have for Christmas dinner' thoughts out - thanks!
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-11-2020, 10:59 PM

I'm not one for cooking much now, not the same when you're on your own.

Honestly - aside from dumplings (tongue hanging out and drooling) - I could eat toast till the cows come home. Just love toast.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-11-2020, 11:01 PM

Cheese on Toast, two of, 10 slices of cheese on each slice of toasted bread, buttered up to the edges.
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-11-2020, 11:03 PM

I haven"t any particular favourite I just love whatever I cook.
Wouldn"t cook it otherwise . lol
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-11-2020, 11:09 PM

Any of my roasts. Love turkey, pork, chicken, beef. (In that order I would say). The white meats normally have sausage meat and stuffing with.

But my favourite is a meat (minced beef and sausage meat) loaf. Absolutely lip smacking, with roasties, veg, yorkie and gravy.

And if you're pushing for dessert too...a home made trifle, but no fruit.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-11-2020, 11:26 PM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->

You should try it Todgy, you might find you like it, it can be very rewarding to produce a real tasty dish made by your own fair hands, or in your case your own hairy hands
Before I was wed, and very often when I worked away from home, I did cook my own nosh. I've too often seen how cooks in the field do such things as spit in oil to check it's temperature - and worse. Trust me, VERY much worse.

My old. Mum taught me how to cook as a kid and when I went up to university I was very popular but probably only because of the regular meals I'd churn out a couple of times a week. Mostly Russian, Polish and German stuff like goulash - dead simple to do but still not well known at the time.

Same with stroganoff. Almost unknown but it was like giving donkeys strawberries! Cheap too.

Chicken soup and lokshen (Vermicelli) was also a case of nothing left and once again very inexpensive because it was best made with boiling fowl and again was mostly a case of simmer for a long time.

In fact simmering for a very long time was a common theme.

As for my hairy hands, only hairy on the palms so that's ok!
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-11-2020, 11:32 PM

Colcannon with a either a bacon chop or a gammon steak and cinnamon kale with onions.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-11-2020, 11:35 PM

Originally Posted by Pesta ->
I'm not one for cooking much now, not the same when you're on your own.

Honestly - aside from dumplings (tongue hanging out and drooling) - I could eat toast till the cows come home. Just love toast.
How weird is that? I'm covered in dumplings at the moment.

If it's something I make on a regular basis it has to be my cheesy roast potatoes. Roasted in olive oil with added herbs, squashed, covered in cheese and a good sprinkling of sea salt.
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK

26-11-2020, 11:41 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
How weird is that? I'm covered in dumplings at the moment.

If it's something I make on a regular basis it has to be my cheesy roast potatoes. Roasted in olive oil with added herbs, squashed, covered in cheese and a good sprinkling of sea salt.

'Tongue licking smiley'
accompanied by
'Come here and let me eat you' smiley

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top