Join for free
Page 5 of 5 « First < 3 4 5
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-11-2020, 08:30 PM

Re: What annoys you the most?

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Birds of prey mainly Pauline. We once watched a kestrel kill one and pluck it on the green next to our house. It then carried it off probably to feed its young or to eat in peace.

We have several collared doves and assorted pigeons nesting close by, and you can hear them hooting all day, and then suddenly they fall silent, and you can't see a single one.....

A quick glance up in the sky reveals the reason, as three or four birds of prey are circling high in the sky searching for their next meal, possibly pigeon. A couple of large carrion crows sometimes visit, but they usually only take the young out of the nests.

Yep.....those are the ones,I couldn’t remember their names...that’s it..Kestrels,we have quite a few here in the country,beautiful birds also very powerful.

d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-11-2020, 08:33 PM

I thought all Yorkshiremen kept a ferret down their trousers

Those in shorts are coming clean?
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-11-2020, 08:38 PM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
Predators? Feral and outdoor cats, foxes, badgers, dogs. Domestic cats allowed to run free cause horrendous damage to wildlife.

Yes domesticated cats cause a lot of wildlife deaths,but that’s in their nature....I think it’s cruel to keep a cat housebound...I used to care for a lady who did that, she has two rare cats that are vicious with other cats,.so she has to keep them indoors, her husband built a run outside for them like an outside house.

Someone told me that if that’s all they ever knew it wouldn’t affect them going outside.
They used to fight with each other , plus ripped her carpet in places , to shreds.

Page 5 of 5 « First < 3 4 5

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top