Join for free
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-06-2010, 05:45 PM

The budget

Thought on the whole considering the crap are country is in was a fair Budget.

They have put up VAT to 20% which seems to have created a stir.

But nothing is said about the basic rate(Gas Electric) going up from 5% to 6%, OK only going to cost me another £8 a year but I have no choice but to pay it.
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
near Glasgow Scotland
Brandykins is female  Brandykins has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-06-2010, 05:47 PM

Re: The budget

Nothing much knew in it that I saw! Better really than was expected, from what I heard on telly!
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-06-2010, 11:32 PM

Wha I don't understand about this budget is - why are they leaving it nearly six months, i.e. 4th January, before implementing the decisions made. I think they should be with immediate effect; then the deficit would go down faster.
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2010, 11:22 AM

I guess it could have been worse!

Originally Posted by Aerolor ->
Wha I don't understand about this budget is - why are they leaving it nearly six months, i.e. 4th January, before implementing the decisions made. I think they should be with immediate effect; then the deficit would go down faster.
Guess they don't want to hurt christmas trade too much?
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-06-2010, 10:04 AM

What are your views on this coalition budget?
I do not think they have gone far enough but I suppose they dont want to shoot themselves in the foot this early.

I would stop benefits all together except to those who really need it.

Family allowance would be the first to go, if you want kids pay for them yourselves why should I subsidise you.

Anyone out of work would have to prove that they need help but only after they have proven why they have got no work.

Income support would only be for those in dire need or O.A.P who pensions are below the bread line.

Child benefit definately a no no.

I could go on but I will let someone else have their say first.
mysterie
Sydney, Australia
mysterie is female  mysterie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2010, 02:36 PM

I didn't like anything about the budget, but then I can't stand Cameron or Clegg either so I am one of those people that would rather see another election and kick those 2 idiots out. I do stand alone in all this but I have my opinions and thoughts. This budget is only out to make other countries rich not fix our problems.
No I am not a labour supporter either.
nero
Central Scotland
nero is male  nero has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2010, 04:09 PM

Originally Posted by mysterie ->
I didn't like anything about the budget, but then I can't stand Cameron or Clegg either so I am one of those people that would rather see another election and kick those 2 idiots out. I do stand alone in all this but I have my opinions and thoughts. This budget is only out to make other countries rich not fix our problems.
No I am not a labour supporter either.
It's the same old Tories again IMO . . . I'm sure the Libs will back away from them soon and this will lead to another election.

I wonder what the outcome will be if this happens ?

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top