Join for free
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-10-2010, 05:57 PM

Child allowance

With the recent announcement about CA for SOME better off tax payers being stopped I wonder....

Should all CA be stopped.

Why should top earners get Government welfare?

In the old days if you had children you payed less tax, Barbara Castle stopped this stating that the money that the husband saved with less tax on his wages was not passed on to the wife and children but spent by the men on drink.

I think its a bit of welfare that has passed its sell by date and should be got rid of for all.
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-10-2010, 09:00 PM

Re: Child allowance

I am not sure if the Child Allowance should be abolished - it is usually paid to the mother and can be a useful extra bit of money for buying a few clothes and things for the children.
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world
orangutan is female  orangutan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-10-2010, 04:36 PM

I am inclined to agree that all CA should be stopped. It has always incensed me that the well-off who don't need it automatically get it. And it seems that often it is not spent on the children anyway.
However, that may mean that other benefits have to be adjusted for those who really do need it.
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-10-2010, 05:09 PM

I would think it's fair that those who don't need it shouldn't be entitled to it - I thought benefits where there to help the poor... didn't even know that people who are not poor can get them too - doesn't seem fair on the rest of us tbh.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top