Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-11-2010, 08:45 AM

Mindless morons lead by the same

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-11732264

These people are not students they are hooligans vent on disrupting society and lead by union leaders.
Those arrested and responsible would be put into the worsted prison in this country and the key thrown away. Throwing a fire extinquisher from a roof top could have resulted in a innocent person being killed.
Peaceful protest are OK but all protests lead by unions are never peaceful and I would personnally put them all before a firing squad.
Sorry folks but I have had my fill of two faced unions.
Rant over.
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
near Glasgow Scotland
Brandykins is female  Brandykins has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-11-2010, 09:46 AM

Re: Mindless morons lead by the same

Couldn't agree more with you there, AB. They should be expelled when found! They bring disgrace to the majority of good hard working students, who do not deserve to be tarred with the same brush!
claireandaisy
Essex
claireandaisy is female  claireandaisy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-11-2010, 10:38 AM

Yeah, cos we never did anything like that did we. I mean, the 60s and 70s was a time of idyllic peace and social harmony....
MickB
London UK
MickB is male  MickB has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-11-2010, 11:09 AM

Originally Posted by claireandaisy ->
Yeah, cos we never did anything like that did we. I mean, the 60s and 70s was a time of idyllic peace and social harmony....
Had to have a quiet smile at that one. I remember the heady days when I was heavily involved in the "Ban The Bomb" demos - the London to Aldermaston marches, the Grosvenor Square Vietnam Demos etc etc. I even went to Paris in May '68 - really believing we were on the verge of a revolution.
Ah the days of youth when you know everything and are never plagued by the inconvenience of uncertainty. As Bob Dylan once wrote:

Half-wracked prejudice leaped forth
Rip down all hate, I screamed
Lies that life is black and white
Spoke from my skull, I dreamed
Romantic facts of musketeers
Foundationed deep somehow
Ahh, but I was so much older then
I'm younger than that now

Back to the present day - unfortunately, whenever you get a demonstration, you get the danger of extremist idiots jumping on the bandwagon and steering it off course - which is exactly what seemed to be happening yesterday. 50,000 students made their point calmly and in a civilised manner. Unfortunately for them, any positive results from their actions were completely negated by the boorish, stupidity of a small number of idiots.

Mick
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-11-2010, 01:58 PM

Well I never did
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-11-2010, 02:14 PM

Because Atilla the Hun acted this way does it make it right Claireanddaisy?

I used to be a union official and never once did I condone violence of any type even though some Union Officials preached it when they were starting to lose a cause.

Those who went to protest peacefully did so without face masks. Those who did not want to be recognised covered their face and did the most damage.
claireandaisy
Essex
claireandaisy is female  claireandaisy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-11-2010, 08:55 PM

Personally I think it`s about time this generation of spoonfed sheep cast off their ipods and became political.
Antibrown
Cumbria UK

12-11-2010, 09:19 AM

That was not political CD it was sheer mindless vandalism.
I am all for challenging the politicians but in the right way.
claireandaisy
Essex

12-11-2010, 10:24 AM

I think you`ll find that young people have taken to the streets throughout history. I know it was recorded by Tacitus. I have never heard that these protests took the form of a nice tidy middle class gathering. They are a reaction to an impossible situation.
Perhaps you don`t feel passionate about it because you`ve had your free education? But if it directly affected you, I`m sure you would do more than tut-tut and write to the Telegraph.
MickB
London UK
MickB is male  MickB has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-11-2010, 11:51 AM

Don't know about AB, but I feel very passionately about the issue. There is no way I could have gone to university without free student grants. To me it is a question of principle. All education should be free from cradle to grave and the only barrier to how far you can go should be your own ability.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top