Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Manxman
Manchester, UK
Manxman is male  Manxman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-11-2010, 01:28 PM

Re: Mindless morons lead by the same

First of all, I am a union rep, I do not agree with withholding labour (striking) I believe in dialogue. I agree with Antibrown I think the violence shown in for instance the Coal Miners strike did more damage to the British Workers than Mrs Thatcher could ever have done.

My belief of the Riot, is that the so called students were carried away with the momentum of violence brought on by a few agitators, possibly not even students, just out for a rumble.

Listening to various commentary what was clearly pointed out that the majority of those present would not be effected by the increases. So why were they demonstrating?
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-11-2010, 02:05 PM

I see, attempting to murder someone, vandalising buildings, taking away someones work all in the course of protesting against a political descision is the right thing to do is it?

If you want to protest about political descision then do so at the Ballot box or by boycotting certain situations. I do not think anyone would have protested than I did when Nu-Labour were in power but I did so through letters to MP's, The Home Office, The Foreign Office even the PM himself, I did not throw a wobble and damaged property or people.

As for my ' Free education ' I spent 13years studying with the O.U. and during that time I studied every Technology course they had. The open university do not do things for free they charge large amounts of money for their courses. Google it.

I put my kids through University, OK, so I got a grant but that did not cover the lodgings and travel.

I am a firm beleiver that everyone should pay their way in this world and not let others pay for them, ie, the tax payer. I do belive that Education should be covered by the government but extra education should be partly paid for by the student and subsidised grants.
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-11-2010, 09:34 PM

I see the police have charged a 23 year old student from Reading Uni for throwing a fire appliance onto the people below.

Am going to the Tate which is next to Mill Bank House tomorrow will see if the ground floor restaurant has being trashed and putting WORKERS OUT OF JOBS.

Did see one on TV one of these scum stating that not enough Violence was used.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top