Join for free
Eliza
Chatterbox
England
Eliza is female  Eliza has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-09-2015, 06:44 PM

Can you give her a Home

If I was in better health I would give her a home ,

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news...nubbed-6360150
Moyra
South East Essex
Moyra is female  Moyra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-09-2015, 07:30 PM

Re: Can you give her a Home

My landlady will not allow me to take on another dog and I am not allowed to replace Amber once she grows old and goes. But I would have willingly taken her on she looks lovely.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-09-2015, 07:33 PM

Sadly Maggie is not alone we have Maggies in the local rescues too.

I hope the publicity brings her a happy home
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-09-2015, 08:44 PM

So sad, so many unwanted and abandoned dogs.
Cass
NL
Cass is female  Cass has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-09-2015, 09:30 PM

All my dogs have been cast offs , and all have turned out to be fantastic dogs.

Maggie is black which wont help her cause , silly but its a fact.

I think its criminal that while there are so many in rescues people are still breeding pups pups and more pups...
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-09-2015, 10:39 PM

This dog was on my local news on telly this evening. They said she had spent 11 years in kennels.
Apparently, in the early days, she was quite a handful and that was putting people off. Now she spends most of her time "out the back" of her kennel, so not many people see her enough.

You probably won't agree, but I have mixed feelings about this.
My initial reaction was how very sad, that poor dog.

My next thoughts were - as her kennel is probably the only home she can remember, I wonder how SHE would feel being forced to move on? It's all very well US deciding her fate for her, even with the best intentions.

I know its not like being in a loving home, but she has been there for a very long time and I wonder how she would adapt to a busy family life and leaving behind everyone she knows, and maybe her doggy friends too for all we know?

They sometimes pick up vices being left long term in a kennel environment, like barking continually, peeing where they want to, etc. It would take a special person to re-train her after 11 years of this behaviour.

There are many dogs worse off than she is. She is not chained up outside in all weathers, not beaten and kicked about, not made to fight, and not left alone for hours on end because her 'family' are working.
She is fed regularly, has toys, friends - human and animal, and a warm bed.

I have no doubt the kennels will be inundated with offers now, with all the publicity, but I hope she finds the right place and doesn't get a taste of a new life, only to be returned to base again, as happens frequently with the rescue dogs near me.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-09-2015, 08:46 AM

Something to think about there Mups. We took Duncan on knowing he had been kept in a shed in someone's garden for months, we thought we were doing the right thing but looking back I doubt it now he was never a happy dog unless he was indoors preferably a small room, windows bothered him and a walk in the woods would send him off the scale with anxiety. I think these dogs that have been kennelled a long time develop differently and some may be past the point they can be taken into a normal home.
A friend took on a street dog she had similar problems in reverse her Maxine was extremely unhappy in doors and only really at ease out doors.

Both dogs developed allergic health issues I often wonder if anxiety was the root cause.
Eliza
Chatterbox
England
Eliza is female  Eliza has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-09-2015, 11:58 AM

Mups i wanted to give that dog a home , i was letting my heart rule my head .You have made some good points ,but she must be given a chance of a real home .with company who will show her love all the time not just at visiting time .
I would hope the Home would let her get use to her new owners on her own ground .

quote Julie .....Both dogs developed allergic health issues I often wonder if anxiety was the root cause. ...unquote..

it may well have been the case julie ..

my dog i have now Scratched almost constantly when i brought her home and showed a rash on her tummy ..
After a week of this we took her to the vets , he examined her and advised us to get health insurance for her ,and he said he would not put down on her records what he thought she had ... And he would not say to us what it was ,,I suppose in case he got it wrong .

It was anxiety , and nerves caused her to scratch ,I think dogs are not much differant to us in feelings

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top