Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-10-2018, 07:12 PM

Re: Tasks which require a bit of strength

Originally Posted by Missy ->
I labour to my husband a lot

In work the weights I have to life above my head are 25kg

Many a young lad throws the bowl in by 10am tea break

Right now we are building an extension, guess who's wheel borrowing. the ten ton of soil???
Amazing, Missy! I hope this means you get to choose where you dine the next time you go out.
Mel15
Nowhere
Mel15 is female  Mel15 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-10-2018, 07:16 PM

Originally Posted by Surfermom ->
Amazing, Missy! I hope this means you get to choose where you dine the next time you go out.
Ha, I hate eating out lol

Our first home together we had 10 ton of ballast delivered, and instead if delivering it on the front garden, they left it on the road and we had no licence or lights or cones, so we had no option but to shovel it

It was a terrace house so not option but to wheel barrow it through the house to the back

You know, I kind of hate that Im an unpaid labourer lol
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-10-2018, 07:18 PM

well I could but I prefer to leave it to the man
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-10-2018, 07:45 PM

I had to move a book case today, from my bedroom to out in the communal hallway. Having the radiators replaced tomorrow, and the workmen will need access to that corner. It was incredibly heavy, and had to use brute force. Not looking forward to putting it back, but might be able to slide it in. Getting it out meant pulling through a narrow gap.

Had to take painkillers because my arms and hands suffered afterwards.

It's at times like this that I need a man in my life.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-10-2018, 08:06 PM

Originally Posted by Jazzi ->
It's at times like this that I need a man in my life.
Don't worry, Jazzi. Your wish is my command...

PamM
UK
PamM is female 

08-10-2018, 08:54 PM

I like painting and that sort of thing but I try to avoid ladders and drills - I once tried to put a blind up, the drill bounced back and knocked me off the ladder - it was painful but it could have been worse
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-10-2018, 08:59 PM

I'm hopeless at physically demanding jobs...I've got an excuse with my illness but was the same before.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-10-2018, 09:40 PM

Dear Superfloydy,
Thank you for offering your services, and superman talents. I need a new curtain pole or track fixed to my wall, before my present 24 year old one falls down. Can you please email/text me your availability. Just turning up, whooshing through the air, like Thermoman, without a prior appointment, won't cut it with me! Besides which, if I'm not expecting you, the door buzzer won't be switched on.
I look forward to hearing from you.
Yours, Jazzi

PS, what kind of payments do Superfloydys usually accept?
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-10-2018, 10:23 PM

Women aren't designed to lift patio slabs or drag heavyweights. We have a bit missing in our physique that means we can end up with a prolapse. Of course men can end up with a hernia. But before any of that we find that most people don't know how to lift without getting a bad back.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-10-2018, 11:33 PM

I can't lift much. I struggle with my shopping. I am lucky to have three men to help. Do be careful ladies.

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top