Join for free
Page 184 of 370 « First < 84 134 174 182 183 184 185 186 194 234 284 > Last »
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-07-2018, 08:25 PM

Re: Post your daily exercise routine

Thanks Floydy, and another eye watering session from you.... Well done mate.....
But watch those knees........
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-08-2018, 12:09 AM

20 minutes treadmill, 10 mins cross trainer, 15 minutes muscle work on legs and hips finished off with 22 lengths of pool.

Funny OGF should mention knees, i.ve noticed my knees are hurting more than usual this past few times i.ve worked out and this worries me. I do have arthritis but I need to be able to carry on cardio to get this last couple of stoned off which will in turn help my arthritis!

I so love the buzz working out gives me, I just wish I wasn't getting creaky knees!

Love reading this thread guys and gals it motivated me.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-08-2018, 03:34 AM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Thanks Floydy, and another eye watering session from you.... Well done mate.....
But watch those knees........
Thanks Bob.
Tough one yesterday, but it's all part of the masterplan I suppose. The knees I'll keep a close eye on. All that heavy training may pay its price, and if the knees start playing up again, I'll have to revert back to the higher rep work.

The final part of this 4-part routine will probably be Thursday and not today as I'm hoping to get some time with my wife on our anniversary
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-08-2018, 03:36 AM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
20 minutes treadmill, 10 mins cross trainer, 15 minutes muscle work on legs and hips finished off with 22 lengths of pool.

Funny OGF should mention knees, i.ve noticed my knees are hurting more than usual this past few times i.ve worked out and this worries me. I do have arthritis but I need to be able to carry on cardio to get this last couple of stoned off which will in turn help my arthritis!

I so love the buzz working out gives me, I just wish I wasn't getting creaky knees!

Love reading this thread guys and gals it motivated me.
Another good workout there, Lion Queen. Well done
As with me, it's the knees that we must look out for. Whereabouts does your pain occur? On the inner kneecap, or do you think it's cartledge?
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-08-2018, 07:10 AM

Happy Anniversary for Thursday Floydy.....all the best to your Missus.....
Mel15
Nowhere
Mel15 is female  Mel15 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-08-2018, 08:28 AM

Hiya everyone

Jeez us oldies must be putting some youngsters to shame with what we can achieve, dodgy knees as well

Its 5 weeks since I done that charity walk that started me off and Ive walked 5 nights a week ever since. Some nights or days its just two miles but mostly its the 5 miles as we do like to see the little man on the pedometer do the little dance

Walking has been so much easier these past few days since the change in the weather, walks we found tough going we are getting through with ease this week. We have two five mile walks which are mostly up hill which we have sometimes avoided during those high humidity evenings , or have slowed right down to barely a stroll to get to the top and have had to take a rest before tackling the next hill. Last night we didn't falter once

So our fitness levels really have improved. Carol, who I walk with is a cancer survivor and she started walking a month before me and when she started, she could barely do half a mile. She's really loving the fact that five miles no only is achievable, we no longer hurt like billy O the following day and her post cancer fatigue no longer is as debilitating as is was

im loving the fact my bum is no longer halfway down the back of my legs

But we are beginning to think ahead for the Autumn, Winter, Spring long dark nights. Neither of us are equipped for wet weather walking which so far we haven't encountered and walking country roads in the dark is not going to be very appealing at all. We are so far North here the winter days are extremely short, daylight is 9 till 3 - work times

So you hugely experienced team , we need suggestions for what to move onto , start building on, for those long months? Neither of us will consider swimming for various reasons and I think hitting a gym just for a treadmill is going to bore the pants of us both and we will give up
Tachyon
Internet Citizen :)
Tachyon is male  Tachyon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-08-2018, 11:03 AM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
...I've noticed my knees are hurting more than usual this past few times I've worked out and this worries me. I do have arthritis but I need to be able to carry on cardio to get this last couple of stoned off which will in turn help my arthritis!
It may be worth asking for an X-ray if this persists. I was like you and when the pain got so bad my X-ray revealed spurs of bone growing inside both knee joints. Luckily I am being assessed for surgery tomorrow, and I fervently hope the surgery is soon!
Tachyon
Internet Citizen :)
Tachyon is male  Tachyon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-08-2018, 11:21 AM

Originally Posted by Missy ->
So you hugely experienced team , we need suggestions for what to move onto , start building on, for those long months? Neither of us will consider swimming for various reasons and I think hitting a gym just for a treadmill is going to bore the pants of us both and we will give up
Well done you two! I'd suggest the gym, personally. There are machines available now that didn't exist when I started going as a young man. It's not just treadmills, bikes and a few loose weights now. There's always something new to try in my gym.

From my job as a care worker, and just from people-watching as well, I notice a lot of people do healthy walks and are considered fit but they have no upper body strength. They never exercise their upper bodies and arms though, and their strength, stamina and bone density starts to diminish. I really enjoy how I actually have muscles again in my arms, stomach and back. I would give it a try, honestly.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere

01-08-2018, 03:33 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Happy Anniversary for Thursday Floydy.....all the best to your Missus.....
Cheers mate,
Just another day, as my wife says. All that lovey dovey stuff disappeared years ago. But yes, it's nice that we can still appreciate each other's company after all this time
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere

01-08-2018, 03:36 PM

Missy - Tachyon's advice is spot on. The gym isn't just about the tedium of the treadmill, and you don't have to pump dumbbells like crazy either. Get a routine going on the static machine-based weight stations, perhaps booking a couple of introductory 'lessons' with a PT to show you the ropes on each. I swear you will really get to enjoy it when you see your efforts paying off

Page 184 of 370 « First < 84 134 174 182 183 184 185 186 194 234 284 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top