Join for free
Page 192 of 370 « First < 92 142 182 190 191 192 193 194 202 242 292 > Last »
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-08-2018, 03:40 PM

Re: Post your daily exercise routine

My mid-week top-up. Three sets of everything. Mid-range weights. Nice little sesh.

Tuesday 21/8/18: Upper body.
(All weights in kgs)

Smith flat bench press, c/g:
15x40, 15x40, 15x40

Shoulder press:
6x60, 6x70, 6x80, 6x90

Chest press:
10x80, 10x80, 10x80

Pec dec:
12x60, 12x60, 12x60

Fly dec (delts setting):
15x95, 15x95, 15x95

*On the above three exercises I did a set of each on different seat height settings: Standard, high and low. That ensured I hit all areas of the chest equally.

Barbell curl, seated, 60° bench:
12x30, 12x30, 12x30

Standing bicep cable curls, alt.:
12x10, 12x10, 12x10

Tricep extensions:
20x40, 20x40, 20x40

Ab crunch:
30x35, 30x35

45 mins.

I’m very pleased with how my training is going at the moment. I don’t need to lift super-heavy anymore, just enough to push myself as far as possible without rupturing anything is fine with me these days. I’m certainly looking stronger but without the bulk that goes with it and my muscles are much more defined than they were, say, six months ago. That is mainly down to my diet and keeping active at work too. Quite simply, I don’t over eat anymore and my work pack-up is much smarter than it was; wraps instead of sandwiches, a crunch bar instead of a Boost bar etc and no crisps. On the whole, I’m very satisfied that I’m approaching my mid-fifties holding back the years.

Next session Thursday but then it all goes out the window for the weekend.

Thanks for reading.
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-08-2018, 05:13 AM

It's always satisfying to be clicking along with one's workout and to have shifted from discipline to habit in the fueling department. It sounds like you are doing well in both, Floydy. Great job.

The neutral - neither El Niño or La Niña - year has indeed left us with an extraordinarily wet year, and today was no exception. Soaking rain marching southeast in a wide swath foiled my run once again. Never fear, I did manage to do a round of step aerobics with three pound weights, a good 15 minutes of abs work, and enough lunges around the house to leave my dogs staring at me in wide-eyed concern.

While I love to run just before sunset when the sea breezes are at their peak, I am beginning to think I may have to switch to mornings when the air is more stifling, but the rains are less likely.

I am bounding about in a new model of New Balance shoes that I found at outlet pricing, but they aren't as flashy as Bob's new pair. Oh well, he's got better legs anyway .
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-08-2018, 09:21 AM

I love the beach at Sunset too Surfer, but run? I think not lol. That's when we like to take the Clydes for a run and a paddle.
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-08-2018, 05:11 AM

That sounds heavenly Roxy! I know you get out with your dogs a lot for good walks. Between that, your swimming, and the work you do around the farm, I imagine you are fit as a fiddle!

It sure feels good to be home. Tonight's conditions were 87F (30.5C) and 85% humidity with a very light north breeze.

With the sun sinking behind a stand of moss-covered river oaks, I took off down an inland gulf trail with nary a person in sight. With the school year started, most of the tourists have gone back to their own towns, leaving the paths and roadways nearly empty. There was a light breeze

With amber light filtering down through the canopy overhead, I labored somewhat as my lungs and heart went to work, only to have them settle down as the as I passed a familiar magnolia in late bloom marking the first mile. Though the approaching series of hills don't quite measure up to the ascent that OGF is making in Guernsey, they are respectable, and I enjoying powering through them. Even though my legs aren't nearly as strong as they once were, hills seem easy enough and the reward is vast view of the pine forest and the gulf that lies a good mile off in the distance. In a matter of feet, the grade steepens to the point in which my feet wanted want to fly, despite my knees reminding me to go easy.

When no one is on the trail and the sun begins to set, the animals come out for one last meal before settling down for the night. Tonight it was several young cottontails and squirrels foraging through the leaf litter that were much more focused on their work than on the late day runner plodding along.

One last push across a wooden bridge running over a boggy marsh and I was back where I started with no one to greet me except my faithful steed on four wheels. After a good long stretching session followed by a quick stop at a local farm for produce, I was back home ready for a round of step aerobics, abs work, and a very, very tall glass of water.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-08-2018, 04:05 PM

You really do paint a lovely picture of your surroundings, Surfermom. One day I'll spend some time in a place like you live. Beautiful visions there

I was hoping to get a quick gym session in this afternoon but decided to finish off the month's food shopping instead, otherwise there wouldn't be time.
This weekend from tomorrow I'm going to a gorgeous destination just across the River Humber called Grimsby It's not quite so glamorous and idyllic as the Florida Everglades, the least said the better about it to be honest, but I have good reason to visit and stay in a nice hotel on the gold course there - I received a letter out of the blue a couple of weeks ago from an old RAF friend I haven't seen for twenty years who lives and works in sunny Grimsby and he asked me to get in touch.
So with that in mind, me and Mrs. Floydy are travelling down the almighty distance of thirty-five miles to spend a couple of days with my buddy, no doubt indulging in copious real ales which will required sweating out and burning off when I return on Monday.
Got to be done
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-08-2018, 05:23 PM

Not a scrap of exercise done since last week because i.ve been really poorly and slept more this week than I do in a year.

Starting to feel normal again but recovery has been slow. I.m so looking forward to getting back to it but I will use my noggin and start with gentle swimming.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere

23-08-2018, 05:47 PM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
Not a scrap of exercise done since last week because i.ve been really poorly and slept more this week than I do in a year.

Starting to feel normal again but recovery has been slow. I.m so looking forward to getting back to it but I will use my noggin and start with gentle swimming.
Sorry to hear you're feeling unwell, Lion Queen. As you say, ease yourself back into any kind of exercise as the body will need to adjust itself back into the routine again.
You'll be soon hard at it I'm sure
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-08-2018, 09:01 PM

Originally Posted by Surfermom ->
I am bounding about in a new model of New Balance shoes that I found at outlet pricing, but they aren't as flashy as Bob's new pair. Oh well, he's got better legs anyway .
I doubt this very much.......

The running has been fantastic in Guernsey; What kind of runner would I be if I lived here and got to run these hills every week? Even after a fortnight I can feel the difference that the hill work has made, and each run has been generally faster than the last without even trying.

Six and seven milers have made up my weekly tally, and today fifty lengths of the pool were only terminated because my time ran out and I had to dress for dinner....

Tomorrow I leave this beautiful Island to a country I don't recognise any more....Such is life.....
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere

23-08-2018, 09:45 PM

Nice to see you back in here, Bob, and great to hear you've had a great time away mate
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States

24-08-2018, 04:41 AM

LQ, I'm so sorry that you are feeling poorly. Your body needs all of your nutrition right now to heal, so you take it easy and let us known when you are up and running...or swimming...as the case may be!

OGF, coming back from a holiday more fit that going in is phenomenal! I know you love those hills and you seem to be making the best of them. I think you get to know a place much more intimately by running and walking, and some of the most solid memories seem to be mental snapshots of those places. It is hard to leave, I'm sure, but the sooner you go, the sooner you get to start planning for your next visit.

Floydy, that getaway sounds perfect. It really makes me happy to hear that you and your wife are getting to break away from the demands of home and work. I hope you two have a good time catching up with your old friend. Have a wonderful reunion!

With a life that is fairly demanding and hectic, empty trails beckon like cool water. After a few minutes of stretching, I was just about to take off when I heard a familiar voice from the distance. A good friend was making his way through the park by bicycle so we stopped for a minute or two to catch up. After two minutes turned into ten, the setting sun behind his head gave me the alarm to get on with the show. After making hasty farewells, he pedaled off just as I pushed the start button the watch, impatient with the GPS signal it had picked up earlier. Off I went.

A bit concerned about the time, I picked up the pace and used my watch to keep me in a brisk zone. The lower the sun sank, the faster I tried to go. Soon it was too dark to wear my sunglasses, and near the end, I was counting on a lightly painted center line in the trail to keep me from going off course. By the time I made it back, the explosion of pinks and blues of the day's end had faded from indigo to nearly black. All around me the night creatures were awaking and singing a symphony of frogs croaking, doves cooing, and the occasional owl hooting. With the crickets singing soprano I rolled down the windows to take in the cool, damp air as the car crept forward. Just to my right, the moon was already hanging overhead looking down on Mars glowing crimson framed by red cedars and longleaf pines.

While it's never a great idea to run alone at night. It sure was....heavenly.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0208.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	10.0 KB
ID:	6935

Page 192 of 370 « First < 92 142 182 190 191 192 193 194 202 242 292 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top