Join for free
Page 5 of 6 « First < 3 4 5 6 >
MickB
London UK
MickB is male  MickB has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-05-2019, 08:41 AM

Re: Who Has Been The Love Of Your Life?

My (third) wife is the love of my life. I thought I was in love before, but nothing compares with the feelings I have for her. I met my first wife at 17 and we married at 19 in 1967 (The summer of love). We had 22 great years together and had two lovely children but during those 22 years we had both grown up and neither of us was the same person we had been at 19. We parted amicably and I was happily single for several years until I met my second wife. She was a lovely person and we were married for 8 years, but it never really worked for us. Then in 1993, I was a community worker on a dodgy estate and had been tasked with running youth activities on the estate and supporting the local tenants association. I was asked to go to a TA meeting to explain my work and my role in the community. I got to the meeting late and stood at the back of the meeting. Somehow I caught the eye of one of the committee members on the stage. She was a striking blonde (not my type at all) and we could not keep our eyes off each other for the duration of the meeting. I had never believed in "love at first sight" (romantic claptrap I thought) but from the moment our eyes first met, we knew we had to be together even though at that stage, we knew nothing whatever about each other. We didn't get the chance to talk that evening, but during my 'spiel' to the meeting I did mention that I would be at our local community festival the coming weekend. So, on the Saturday she turned up at the festival with her six kids (count 'em) in tow and we talked most of the day. Far from being put off by her entourage of children, I fell in love with them and happily accepted the whole package deal. That was 25 years ago next month and not only do we still love each other madly, we are still 'in love' with each other. When I retired early so I could spend more time taking care of her (she had become seriously disabled over the years since an accident in 2003) a lot of my friends said that we would find it difficult to spend 24/7 together. The opposite has happened and we love our time together and hate being apart - despite being very independent and strong-minded people.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-05-2019, 10:16 AM

What a beautiful post Mick .
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-05-2019, 10:37 AM

Being married to the same woman for 47 years says it all.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-05-2019, 10:43 AM

Originally Posted by MickB ->
My (third) wife is the love of my life. I thought I was in love before, but nothing compares with the feelings I have for her. I met my first wife at 17 and we married at 19 in 1967 (The summer of love). We had 22 great years together and had two lovely children but during those 22 years we had both grown up and neither of us was the same person we had been at 19. We parted amicably and I was happily single for several years until I met my second wife. She was a lovely person and we were married for 8 years, but it never really worked for us. Then in 1993, I was a community worker on a dodgy estate and had been tasked with running youth activities on the estate and supporting the local tenants association. I was asked to go to a TA meeting to explain my work and my role in the community. I got to the meeting late and stood at the back of the meeting. Somehow I caught the eye of one of the committee members on the stage. She was a striking blonde (not my type at all) and we could not keep our eyes off each other for the duration of the meeting. I had never believed in "love at first sight" (romantic claptrap I thought) but from the moment our eyes first met, we knew we had to be together even though at that stage, we knew nothing whatever about each other. We didn't get the chance to talk that evening, but during my 'spiel' to the meeting I did mention that I would be at our local community festival the coming weekend. So, on the Saturday she turned up at the festival with her six kids (count 'em) in tow and we talked most of the day. Far from being put off by her entourage of children, I fell in love with them and happily accepted the whole package deal. That was 25 years ago next month and not only do we still love each other madly, we are still 'in love' with each other. When I retired early so I could spend more time taking care of her (she had become seriously disabled over the years since an accident in 2003) a lot of my friends said that we would find it difficult to spend 24/7 together. The opposite has happened and we love our time together and hate being apart - despite being very independent and strong-minded people.
lovely post, I thoroughly enjoyed reading that. Long may you be happy with each other x
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-05-2019, 10:52 AM

Originally Posted by judd ->
x 2. And still is.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-05-2019, 04:04 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
No Carol, It’s all too late. He’s a bit bald and slightly stooped now and looks like Simon Cowell!
Besides, he’s married. I would never, ever go out with a married man, they belong to someone else.

Carol. I am waiting with baited breath for your story.
I promise, l am not being sarky or taking the Mick.
Bald men are sexy, well I think my bald man is anyway.

Yes you are right art, married men belong to someone else, I too would never try to steal another woman's man, some women are selfish and go all out to get the man they want with no regard for the wife, vice versa too. Some boundaries should not be crossed.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-05-2019, 04:39 PM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
Bald men are sexy, well I think my bald man is anyway.

Yes you are right art, married men belong to someone else, I too would never try to steal another woman's man, some women are selfish and go all out to get the man they want with no regard for the wife, vice versa too. Some boundaries should not be crossed.
LQ, l don’t mind men who have little hair or none. I was just meaning that he is no longer the handsome man he was, just typical of someone who has aged....loss of hair, stooping, dribbling.....you get my drift?
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-05-2019, 07:17 PM

Dribbling!!!

Oh dear - not very sexy!
Mondays child
United Kingdom
Mondays child is male  Mondays child has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-05-2019, 07:31 PM

I really loved my last girlfriend and thought she was my soulmate. She was the love of my life at the time. We were together for four years and I never wanted to be with anyone else when I was with her. Just holding her in my arms was amazing.
Alas it all went sour. Now I don't even like it if she comes into my mind.

There is someone I really, really like at the moment though.💘
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-05-2019, 07:47 PM

Originally Posted by Mondays child ->
I really loved my last girlfriend and thought she was my soulmate. She was the love of my life at the time. We were together for four years and I never wanted to be with anyone else when I was with her. Just holding her in my arms was amazing.
Alas it all went sour. Now I don't even like it if she comes into my mind.

There is someone I really, really like at the moment though.💘
Oooh, l must look to see where l have put my fascinator....l don’t like hats!

Page 5 of 6 « First < 3 4 5 6 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top