Join for free
Page 4 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5 >
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-05-2019, 05:20 PM

Re: Are we too PC?

Originally Posted by TessA ->
We should start complaining about being called, old, pensioners, elderly, fogies, past it, bed blockers, waiting for wormers etc. etc....
Anyone else have any names we should complain about?

That'll show 'em!

Give it time, Tess, and that may well start.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-05-2019, 05:22 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Give it time, Tess, and that may well start.
Just change your sex and you'll be OK.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-05-2019, 05:24 PM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
And this old fart agrees with this too. I.would dearly love for chivalry to make a comeback instead of hearing men swearing like troupers in front of the ladies, they think nothing of using the vile C word too, but then the females are using that disgusting word more and more.

That is true Queenie.
I have heard some women swearing every bit as bad as some men do. What I don't like though, is when they do it either in front of the children or worse still - at the kids.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

22-05-2019, 05:26 PM

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
Hi Mups, Hi everyone.

Yes, I personally believe that things have become too PC.

My parent brought my six brothers and me up to believe that they should have the highest respect for (as they called females) "The Fairer Sex". Things like opening doors, walking on the outside on pavements, pulling back a chair in a restaurant for them to sit down, taking their coat and hanging it up and giving up seats on transport was second nature to them. I was also brought up to expect a gentleman to do the same for me.

I too passed on the same important values to my own six gorillas and it stood them in good stead. But... my grandchildren and nephews and nieces expect no such thing. doors are opened and closed behind them without a thought for the one following, it's every man and woman for themselves on transport seating, There is no code for who walks on the outside of pavements anymore, as for coats, they are just slung onto the coat hooks by the women themselves instead of waiting.

I certainly don't want to demean the strength and character of women in this day and age, They can and do most of what men can do, but I still find it very sad that this PC nonsense means women no longer seem to care about good manners by men and see it as insulting to them when they
come across a man with good manners.

Oh well, that's just the view of this old fart anyway.

That is so true, Shroppy.
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-05-2019, 05:34 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
I find these days, l have to think carefully about every word l say, in case it’s wrong.

Some people, home in on every word that is said and scream out that it is offending them.

Soon, it might be easier to just grunt!
I'm too old to worry about it.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-05-2019, 06:37 PM

If I asked what's the name of that actor in Bridget Jones's Diary?

Bet you would say either Colin Firth or Hugh Grant.

So what if I meant Renee Zellweger? That's why she should be known as an actress, not an actor.
fender
Chatterbox
SE England
fender is male  fender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-05-2019, 08:06 PM

I can't even put into words what I think about this PC nonsense tbh. Drives me round the twist.
The country has gone absolutely barking.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-05-2019, 08:48 PM

I try not to say anything hurtful to anyone, if I get it wrong then I appologise, simple.

Just don't speak
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

22-05-2019, 08:51 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
If I asked what's the name of that actor in Bridget Jones's Diary?

Bet you would say either Colin Firth or Hugh Grant.

So what if I meant Renee Zellweger? That's why she should be known as an actress, not an actor.

You're absolutely right dongle, I would have said Colin Firth.

I have noticed of late that they are saying both males and females are 'Actors,' but yours is a perfect example of how misleading that can be.

Good job I wasn't on "The Chase," else I might have lost me money.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

22-05-2019, 08:52 PM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
I try not to say anything hurtful to anyone, if I get it wrong then I appologise, simple.

Just don't speak

That's right Tess.
We'll all be frightened to open our mouths incase we offend someone one day.

But how on earth can someone be offended by saying large tissues are 'man size?'
That is just plain petty minded.

Page 4 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top