Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-08-2019, 06:27 PM

Mysterious message on iphone.

I've had a new apple iphone - well a reconditioned one.

The other day I went to send a text message to my daughter and I found a message already written in my text box all ready for me to send.

Bear in mind our continuing conversation was about her going on her holidays and I was just about to text her again to wish her a safe flight.

The message said 'If she thinks it is a joke. I don't think it's a joke. Do you think it is a joke'

As you can imagine I was shocked to see a ready written message in my text box.

Nobody can give an explanation - the young man |I saw today in the vodaphone shop said it could be something coming through from the previous user of the phone.

My hairdresser said it could be something to do with the predictive text.

Myself - I think it's haunted!!!

Anybody got any ideas?
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-08-2019, 06:49 PM

Re: Mysterious message on iphone.

Yep haunted!
That reminds me of a brand new cassette tape I put in a player to record something, I pressed play instead of record. There was someone breathing and footsteps on it!
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-08-2019, 06:50 PM

you could have the phone forensically examined by experts who can dive deeper into the memory banks.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-08-2019, 07:17 PM

My old pc used to type words on it's own some times, it was really creepy, mostly they didn't make the sense of what I was typing. I changed my pc tower, problem went.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-08-2019, 07:48 PM

Carol, l occasionally use the microphone on my iPhone, to dictate my words into a text message.
I wonder, if at any time you may have activated the microphone and it had written words you might have said in conversation to someone else? My iPhone has even written out the words from the television if l have the microphone on to text.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-08-2019, 07:57 PM

I would go with the original user having entered it into the phone. Seems the most logical to me.
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-08-2019, 10:48 PM

I took it to the vodaphone shop today because it didn't pick the internet up when I wanted to use sat nav. Also some of the apps had stopped working. The man there said it's faulty.

Anyway the thing is I'm packing it up & sending it back & good riddance.

The massage thing will remain a mystery. I hadn't activated the microphone & the message was nothing I've ever said to anybody!!
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-08-2019, 10:00 AM

Originally Posted by carol ->
I've had a new apple iphone - well a reconditioned one.

The other day I went to send a text message to my daughter and I found a message already written in my text box all ready for me to send.

Bear in mind our continuing conversation was about her going on her holidays and I was just about to text her again to wish her a safe flight.

The message said 'If she thinks it is a joke. I don't think it's a joke. Do you think it is a joke'

As you can imagine I was shocked to see a ready written message in my text box.

Nobody can give an explanation - the young man |I saw today in the vodaphone shop said it could be something coming through from the previous user of the phone.

My hairdresser said it could be something to do with the predictive text.

Myself - I think it's haunted!!!

Anybody got any ideas?

You were definitely sleepwalking Carol!

Regards Donkeyman!
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-08-2019, 11:35 AM

I wouldn't ever touch a 2nd hand phone personally.

Phones can be cloned and linked to others so that every call or text made on a phone is relayed to another phone. That's a huge security risk imho.
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.

17-08-2019, 07:56 AM

It's all packed & ready to be taken to the post office today.

I've decided no more reconditioned phones. It was Paula who persuaded me to have one as new ones are so expensive unless they're tied in with a contract - I just want PAYG.

I've been looking at reviews of budget smart phones and for £179 I can get a Huawei P smart brand new. That's less than I paid for the reconditioned iphone.

I'm sure it will do for me - all I'm interested in really is having sat nav & walk it app so I don't get lost while driving or walking - also Whatsapp looks good. Anything else would be a bonus.

The Huawei has got decent reviews so soon as my refund comes through I'll get one.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top