Join for free
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-09-2019, 03:30 PM

just been garage sorting

yep got so much stuff never used or rarely I had forgotten about it. Such as an electric staple gun and a box of plasterboard rawlplugs, let alone small drills etc. Also cleaned up my sliding ceramic tile cutter which now slides smoothly on the rails. Oh and a small wallpaper roller on a handle last used on a roof sealing down some jointing tape.

The memories all they bring back, so glad I don't have to use them that often now and certainly not since we moved
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-09-2019, 04:15 PM

Re: just been garage sorting

Your wife was lucky,I could have done with a man like you around,I have spent a fortune on Kitting my house out with new kitchen,bathroom,fences,etc..you must have saved a small fortune.

Ps,will you sell your items on eBay?...great to hold onto to all of those memories,Realspeed...I bet you never stopped working.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-09-2019, 04:24 PM

Pauline see PM
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-09-2019, 04:30 PM

I am pleased that your house value has gone up..if anyone deserves it,it's you and Sue!..two very hard working people.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast

11-09-2019, 04:33 PM

thank you. sent you a rough breakdown of costs which you have already read so it seems.

i left school at the age of 15 with no qualifications but did an apprenticeship.
based on my own life experience you can do well without gaining an "ology" at uni Might take a bit longer agreed but knuckling down and having an aim in life will get you there in the end.
Having said that I owe a lot to Sue without whom we would not be where we are today
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-09-2019, 04:40 PM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
yep got so much stuff never used or rarely I had forgotten about it. Such as an electric staple gun and a box of plasterboard rawlplugs, let alone small drills etc. Also cleaned up my sliding ceramic tile cutter which now slides smoothly on the rails. Oh and a small wallpaper roller on a handle last used on a roof sealing down some jointing tape.

The memories all they bring back, so glad I don't have to use them that often now and certainly not since we moved
Yes, amazing what you can accumulate over the years. We moved a few months ago and we are still sorting through things. Not just tools and hardware. Yesterday I got rid of two A4 files each with over ten years of site reports and expense claim forms.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast

11-09-2019, 05:01 PM

Besoeker
Know the feeling about keeping papers. We have to keep a copy of our companys accounts for 7 or 10 years(I forget which) before we can get rid of that years files. Nearly burns out the shredder getting rid of them

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top