Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-10-2019, 04:36 PM

Re: An Image of Mental Health

People with mental ill-health are often very creative due to how their minds are 'wired', as a result this difference allows them to be more creative.

Art can be used as a therapy to help people in dealing with their mental ill-health problems. I found the article on the link below is a very interesting read:

https://www.rtor.org/2018/07/10/bene...f-art-therapy/

People with dyslexia are also often very creative and good at making things. I was very surprised when I realised how many well-known people are dyslexic:

https://www.thefamouspeople.com/dyslexia.php
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-10-2019, 04:39 PM

Originally Posted by Cinderella ->
Artistic people do seem more susceptible to mental disorders.
Yes they do .
Straight away Vincent Van Gogh comes to mind poor man .
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-10-2019, 05:35 PM

My Granddaughter has been unable to go to school since she was 12 as she has acute anxiety and is unable to face other people. I love her dearly but she is unable to see me face to face, we do however have contact through iMessage. She has missed out on a lot of her education although tutors came to her house and left work for her to do.

I was amazed a few days ago when she messaged me a photo of her latest drawing .... a drawing of my Great Grandmother which she did from a photo I had given her ....

It brought tears to my eyes that with her condition she could produce a drawing like this.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-10-2019, 05:48 PM

Wow that’s good Mags .
She is very talented what a shame she has this trouble .
Let’s hope she will overcome it later on.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-10-2019, 06:20 PM

Thank you Muddy, she is 19 now so we are hoping she will one day have the strength to break out of her fear.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-10-2019, 06:24 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
My Granddaughter has been unable to go to school since she was 12 as she has acute anxiety and is unable to face other people. I love her dearly but she is unable to see me face to face, we do however have contact through iMessage. She has missed out on a lot of her education although tutors came to her house and left work for her to do.

I was amazed a few days ago when she messaged me a photo of her latest drawing .... a drawing of my Great Grandmother which she did from a photo I had given her ....

It brought tears to my eyes that with her condition she could produce a drawing like this.
Good grief, this is fabulous, what a talented young lady. I hope she can escape her prison one day, you and the family must feel so sad for her torment x
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-10-2019, 09:34 PM

A superb picture of a beautiful lady Mags x
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-10-2019, 10:26 PM

deleted....
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK

14-10-2019, 10:38 PM

Thank you for your replies ladies.

Getting back to Puddle Duck's original post ..... what a terribly frightening drawing that is. You can almost feel the pain and anguish being released in the strokes of a pencil.

A cry for help? That poor, poor person.
Puddle Duck
Cheshire. UK
Puddle Duck is female  Puddle Duck has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-10-2019, 12:29 AM

Your granddaughter is a wonderful artist, Meg. An ability that others don't have.
There's an old saying , "when one door closes, another door opens. " and I hope that her door into the world will open up for her eventually. I believe time is often the greatest healer.
Very hard for those who watch and wait though. I wish her all the best.

As you say, the pic in the original post is really traumatic and says everything about the torment, but probably not all. We can't know ,can we ?

Maybe this idea of analysing children's paintings and drawings is a good thing. I always considered it to be another spooky idea. Maybe it's not.

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top