Join for free
Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-10-2019, 03:31 PM

Re: Don’t laugh

[QUOTE=Right Now;1801507]
Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Well, l’m not laughing Primus. I am feeling for you and commiserating.
You need lots of TLC at the moment. Is there anyone who could rub your back or stand on it?
My ex husband used to stand on my back if it hurt.[/QUOTE]

Goodness, Artie, what would he do to you if it didn't hurt?!?

RN, Apparently, it is an ancient practice known as Chavutti Thirumal.
My ex husband is 6ft 2 but l don’t think it hurt me, him standing on my back. It was a long time ago!

Anyway, no sense, no feeling!
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-10-2019, 03:41 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Longy, This is why l didn’t find it funny. I have only ever had backache about four times in my life and it hurts! Mine is usually caused by bad posture.
The pain is unforgiving and nags at you lt stops you doing anything and you dare not move as the pain makes you scream!
Getting up from a chair is a task in itself! .

I usually find, putting my back against a hot radiator helps and the pain seems to ease off, soon after.
I also make a fist and really rub the painful area.

I hope the pain is easing off, Realist.
I'm lucky in that I don't suffer from recurring back pain but have had the odd pulled muscle or trapped nerve. It is the sort of pain that makes you feel sick too.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-10-2019, 02:16 PM

Originally Posted by Primus1 ->
I thought this morning I would sort out my wardrobe, you know,put my summer clothes away and get out my warm woollies..well I found a couple of pairs of trousers lingering in the bottom of a drawer, so, wondering if they would still fit , I decided to try them on, as you would, anyway, about halfway, one leg out, and the other in, my back went...., agony, I must have twisted funny, or something, but I was stuck...mrs p rushed to my aid...well I say rushed, she was on her knees in hysterics, she finds this sort of thing hilarious, especially if it happens to me!...she’s no better, she’s full of cold with a nasty cough, hurt her ribs with so much coughing, so it hurts her to laugh...a real couple of old farts...., I’ve been out this morning and it hurt like hell getting in and out of the car, I even struggled with my bacon sandwich as well, ( I managed by the way), so here I am on the sofa, I even think I might have to be waited on hand and foot

Primus...sorry to hear about your back...I hope it is continuing to improve..
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-10-2019, 02:32 PM

I m sorry for laughing at your misfortune, i was imaging your wife laughing hehe.

I m not laughing really, I m very concerned in case you are in pain, honest I m not

On a serious note I do hope you are ok, good to see you have kept your sense of humour through your agony
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-10-2019, 03:08 PM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
I m sorry for laughing at your misfortune, i was imaging your wife laughing hehe.

I m not laughing really, I m very concerned in case you are in pain, honest I m not

On a serious note I do hope you are ok, good to see you have kept your sense of humour through your agony
LQ, The only reason that l didn’t find Primus’s back incident funny is, some years, ago an elderly lady l knew slipped and fell whilst getting out of her bath.
He face and parts of her body were black and blue. She said, when she told people what had happened, they laughed and thought it hilarious that she slipped in the bath.

She said, it wasn’t funny for her as she was shocked and badly bruised.
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-10-2019, 04:51 PM

Don’t get me started on the several comedic incidents that happened to me on holiday....
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-10-2019, 06:13 PM

[QUOTE=Artangel;1801790]
Originally Posted by Right Now ->

RN, Apparently, it is an ancient practice known as Chavutti Thirumal.
My ex husband is 6ft 2 but l don’t think it hurt me, him standing on my back. It was a long time ago!

Anyway, no sense, no feeling!
You mean to say you allowed yourself to be 'walked over' like that!

Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top