Join for free
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-10-2019, 04:33 PM

Re: I’ve only gone and done it

Thanks again all
It will be strange I’m sure, just going to one place after chasing about all over Yorkshire, humberside, south, east, and West Yorkshire, not to mention the north east, Cumbria, and I even went and worked in Portsmouth for a week, but I hate the company I work for now, press ganged into it, back in 2015, I’m even working this weekend, as it fell at the end of my weeks holiday, and it’s going to get worse, as I believe might be moving into catering repairs soon...
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-10-2019, 04:38 PM

Originally Posted by Primus1 ->
It’s less money, less holidays, but no no weekends, no travelling ( apart from the 20 minute drive their and back, and hopefully, a lot less hassle and pressure,, we’ll see how it goes..
Congratulations and good luck .....
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-10-2019, 05:20 PM

Really pleased for you Primus. I reckon the way that job came about shows it was meant to be.

There can be little more depressing than knowing you must get up and go to a job you hate every day, and it will be so much better this winter without all that travelling too.

Do let us know how it goes, won't you - and good luck.
When do you start?
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-10-2019, 05:26 PM

Well done Primus, that's brilliant. It just goes to show that some of the over fifties still have what it takes. I bet handing your notice in felt good too.
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-10-2019, 05:41 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Really pleased for you Primus. I reckon the way that job came about shows it was meant to be.

There can be little more depressing than knowing you must get up and go to a job you hate every day, and it will be so much better this winter without all that travelling too.

Do let us know how it goes, won't you - and good luck.
When do you start?
Ta mups
Hopefully I’ll start on nov 18, I have to give a months notice, yes I’ll keep everyone updated, it’s just nice to know I’ll be leaving, the company has lost something like 20 engineers in the last 15 or so months
Primus1
York

16-10-2019, 05:44 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Well done Primus, that's brilliant. It just goes to show that some of the over fifties still have what it takes. I bet handing your notice in felt good too.
It sure did LD, as I said I’ve a meeting with a pension advisor, so I have a plan b, hopefully,
My manager is on holiday until Monday, no doubt I’ll be getting a phone call.. it’s also nice to know this weekend will be the last time I’ll be on call,
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-10-2019, 05:49 PM

It sure did LD, as I said I’ve a meeting with a pension advisor, so I have a plan b, hopefully,
My manager is on holiday until Monday, no doubt I’ll be getting a phone call.. it’s also nice to know this weekend will be the last time I’ll be on call,
That feeling of never having to do what you dislike again is absolutely wonderful. Everyone should experience it.
Primus1
York

16-10-2019, 05:56 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
That feeling of never having to do what you dislike again is absolutely wonderful. Everyone should experience it.
Well hopefully this job won’t end up being pants, but if it is, then I’ll look for something else or retire, life’s too short
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

16-10-2019, 05:56 PM

Well hopefully this job won’t end up being pants, but if it is, then I’ll look for something else or retire, life’s too short
I agree.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-10-2019, 06:21 PM

A couple of weeks ago I posted that I had an interview for a job at a nursing home as a maintenance caretaker, the interview went ok, and he said he would let me know by Friday, well Friday came and went and I heard nothing, I missed a phone call today and, as I didn’t recognise the number, I googled it, it was only the manager of the home ....so I rang him...he offered me the job...so I said yes......got home this afternoon and sent my resignation email to my manager ( he’s on holiday) so after thirty years as a service engineer,I’m off to pastures new
It’s less money, less holidays, but no no weekends, no travelling ( apart from the 20 minute drive their and back, and hopefully, a lot less hassle and pressure,, we’ll see how it goes..

So pleased for you Primus...when I was a cook in a nursing home,I used to spoil our maintenance caretaker....with endless cups of tea/coffee,cake...he used to order lunch as well.

I am sure you will fit in nicely.

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top