Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-10-2019, 09:17 AM

Dishwasher broken

Our 2 year old dishwasher has decided it doesn’t want to play, it’s showing an error 09, fault, which is a heating fault, now it could be just a wire burnt off the elements, the elements themselves, or , more worryingly a board fault ( computer board) , now we did something we vary rarely do...took out an extended warranty, cos I bloody hate repairing dishwashers, so an engineer is booked for next Thursday ( the earliest time we had, where someone is at home) ,, so it’s back to washing up by hand...I’ve just done the breakfast pots...I’ve got a sweat on now...I need to sit down
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-10-2019, 09:48 AM

Re: Dishwasher broken

I guess once you get used to something it's always a bummer when it breaks down. For me it's hifi. A lot of people I know just stream music now via spotify or sonnink similar. But I'm a bit of a purist. I like the good gear with the fine speakers and the turn table etc. I get snippy if there's the slightest glitch. I'm a dead set pain I know but that's me. Whereas dishwashers?..Never had one in my life. I find washing up meditative. I wouldn't have a swimming pool either. I've got the planet's biggest pool just down the road. The Pacific Ocean. HOwever. I hope you get it fixed OK.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-10-2019, 09:49 AM

Something we've never had, a dishwasher. We wash-up by hand as I don't think there are any dishwashers in Hull as yet. I guess you get used to the convenience of them though.
Hope it's sorted out soon, Primus
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-10-2019, 09:51 AM

Awww you poor bugger, fancy having to wash up by hand. Don't forget the rubbers, we must keep those hands of yours soft and gentle.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-10-2019, 09:56 AM

I remember when old ladies used to wash their front door step with that big block of yellow soap. Now they get a team of experts in full NBC suits with their jet wash equipment.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-10-2019, 10:03 AM

Originally Posted by Primus1 ->
Our 2 year old dishwasher has decided it doesn’t want to play, it’s showing an error 09, fault, which is a heating fault, now it could be just a wire burnt off the elements, the elements themselves, or , more worryingly a board fault ( computer board) , now we did something we vary rarely do...took out an extended warranty, cos I bloody hate repairing dishwashers, so an engineer is booked for next Thursday ( the earliest time we had, where someone is at home) ,, so it’s back to washing up by hand...I’ve just done the breakfast pots...I’ve got a sweat on now...I need to sit down
When our dishwasher went wrong a couple of years ago, I could see what needed to be done to fix it, it was a simple fix but I was unable to get to it. Bosch dishwashers are generally good but they use rivets instead of nuts and bolts, so it meant either a case of drilling out all the rivets or taking the whole thing apart from top to bottom. We ended up buying another one.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-10-2019, 10:04 AM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
Awww you poor bugger, fancy having to wash up by hand. Don't forget the rubbers, we must keep those hands of yours soft and gentle.
Washing up is woman's work.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-10-2019, 10:06 AM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Somebody's cruising for a bruising
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-10-2019, 10:08 AM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
I said that to mrs p,,,I haven’t seen her for a couple of hours now....but hopefully the swelling will go down later
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

18-10-2019, 10:08 AM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
Somebody's cruising for a bruising
Luckily you don't know where I am then.

I always load the dishwasher but apparently I always do it wrong?? No idea what that means.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top