Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-10-2019, 06:54 PM

Re: When you start something.

I never finish anything I have no motivation l
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-10-2019, 07:06 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
I never finish anything I have no motivation l

I was looking at a painting of yours in your album ,it was a Zebra,your comment to another member...gave me the idea for this thread.

I think for me personally,it may be to do with my age...or the time of year..I can get quite depressed ,thinking about the long winter ahead.

By the way...your painting looked finished to me...it looked very professional ...
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-10-2019, 07:11 PM

Originally Posted by Puddle Duck ->
Does anyone watch ' Escape to the Chateaux ' ?
An English couple bought a Chateaux in France for £280,000 and embarked on renovating the run down, crumbling place.
It's really amazing what they did in such a short time, mostly done by themselves.

It must put most to shame, I watch and wish.

Dick and Angel Strawbridge. On most evenings on More4 sometime around 8pm.
A fascinating programme. Angel is very creative and has the most amazing ideas. Dick just does as he's told, most of the time !

That programme started quite a few years ago,PD,...Angel has brought out her own interior range...they stock it in Sainsburys ..her style reminds me of..Kirstie Allsop....old fashioned ,IMO.

A very talented lady though....
AndyRich
New Member!
Berkshire
AndyRich is male 

18-10-2019, 07:20 PM

I have trouble finishing projects that I start with optmism but then run out of steam. I do best where there is a deadline. Closing dates for competitions are an example of where I manage to finish things on time. One way is to 'make a promise' to someone who is going to badger you to get on with it. They may even help you over hurdles or suggest ways round them. Good luck!
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK

18-10-2019, 07:23 PM

Originally Posted by AndyRich ->
I have trouble finishing projects that I start with optmism but then run out of steam. I do best where there is a deadline. Closing dates for competitions are an example of where I manage to finish things on time. One way is to 'make a promise' to someone who is going to badger you to get on with it. They may even help you over hurdles or suggest ways round them. Good luck!

That's a good idea AndyRich...thank you,
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-10-2019, 07:43 PM

I don't know about these projects ... start ... finish!

That's not my outlook.

I want to do something, that might involve hardships, but I want to do it therefore I do.

>
>

Demo in London tomorrow, poofy lefties, the world & his wife we love you all.

Hmmm ... I might take some photos.

... the 12-60 or the 45-150
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-10-2019, 08:39 PM

I always finish things. MY wife makes sure I do.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-10-2019, 09:21 PM

Things will be finished, provided I can source the parts.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-10-2019, 09:22 PM

I never start a project until I have gathered all the components - for example - I need to decorate the loo. So far I have bought the tiles and the grouting, new storage unit for cleaning things, and a sweet little stand for fresh towels, soap dish, toothpaste type stuff. But - as I have not yet yet bought the paint - they are all currently cluttering up my bedroom!

When I have the paint (end of this month) Oh - and a new masonry drill bit for the Black and Decker - I will start work and - once I start something - I always finish!
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-10-2019, 09:37 PM

New exhausts for a CB750 F2N £1200, that ain't goin to happen, have to familiarize with the Yen.

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top