Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Ethel
England
Ethel is female  Ethel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-10-2019, 07:46 PM

Bonmarche: High Street retailer collapses into administration

Bonmarche: High Street retailer collapses into administration as thousands of jobs at risk

Bonmarche has become the latest victim of the high street downturn after collapsing into administration, putting 2,887 jobs at risk.

The womenswear retailer, which targets the over-50s market, was placed into administration by its directors after a "sustained period of challenging trading conditions and cash flow pressure", which meant the business was unable to meet its financial obligations.

The Wakefield-based company employs 2,887 people, including 200 staff at its head office, and trades through 318 stores across the UK, online and by telephone.

https://news.sky.com/story/bonmarche...-risk-11838901

I’m gutted love this shop, another one bites the dust.
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-10-2019, 08:00 PM

Re: Bonmarche: High Street retailer collapses into administration

OMG ,I love that shop .Poor workers ,I feel sorry for them .
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-10-2019, 08:38 PM

My husband was one of the workers in IT, he left a job to go work for them when they knew they were going under. Luckily he has some contract work otherwise we would be in a right mess.
Ethel
England
Ethel is female  Ethel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-10-2019, 09:28 PM

When we were away in the summer near the South Downs, I went into Edinburgh mill, I brought some tee shirts with a voucher I had for my birthday, was saying to the lady now I need to find a Bonmarche shop she told me the town to go to. She also said we are in a merger with them that was July. Never thought much of it. Now I wonder if was true. Only time will tell.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-10-2019, 09:48 PM

Over crowded markets, its not baffling.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-10-2019, 10:00 PM

I agree, Ethel, that is a shame.
I liked that shop too.

I didn't go that often, but when I did call in I nearly always found something I liked and that fitted well.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-10-2019, 10:18 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
I agree, Ethel, that is a darn shame.
I liked that shop too.

I didn't go that often, but when I did call in I nearly always found something I liked and that fitted well.
That is the problem.
Ethel
England

18-10-2019, 10:31 PM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
That is the problem.
Oh dear it not a supermarket, people buy clothes at a certain times of year. I used it at Christmas, summer, and when people gave me vouchers. On line shopping is the killer, and yes I on line shop because I can not get out all the time.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-10-2019, 10:32 PM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
That is the problem.

I don't think they closed because of me, Spitty!
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire

18-10-2019, 10:37 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
I don't think they closed because of me, Spitty!
We will never know that.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top