Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-11-2019, 10:36 AM

Re: A smart move by Corbyn.

Originally Posted by d00d ->
I agree.

What is happening to our party politics?
IMO personalities have replaced parties and that is so very wrong.

People vote for nice old grandpa Corbyn, he understands what we are having to face and will make it all better ---

Or nasty "Blow Job" Johnson, (that's what he's being called in the university my grand daughter is attending) because he's a clown that tells lies and shags anything with a pulse.

Then there's Farage. A loud mouthed favourite of raceist and old people, that idiot Swinson, more Tory than the Tories but wants to keep us in the loverley EU so that's OK.

Of course there's The Greens, perfect in every way, they have even embraced diversity by having a couple as joint leaders. Can't remember their names but hey! That doesn't matter, they must be nice!

But so very few people actually use a bit of their grey matter to look at what these quasi-celebs are hiding.

It's yet another reason that proportional representation really should, no MUST be brought in together with a WRITTEN Constitution.

Will it happen?

Not a snowballs chance in the deepest pits of hell.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-11-2019, 11:21 AM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
They'd be mad to expect to see it happen.
Exactly.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-11-2019, 11:37 AM

Hi

It doesn't matter if he doesn't do it as long as he wins.

Politicians are very cynical.
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-11-2019, 01:22 PM

We should put a monkey in charge of Parliament.

If Corbyn, Swinson, etc, ask what they should do

Tell them to FEED THE MONKEY!

big ben
United Kingdom
big ben is male  big ben has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-11-2019, 02:22 PM

To be honest I can see Labour winning the election. They are promising what the people have wanted for years. Where they will get the money from is anyone,s guess but they seem confident.
On the other hand the Conservatives are saying they will more or less leave things as they are so nothing to look forward to there.
The Libs; want to stop Brexit and that is all their manifesto seems to be about. Do they not remember that the general public voted to leave the EU three years ago?
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-11-2019, 03:15 PM

Originally Posted by big ben ->
To be honest I can see Labour winning the election. They are promising what the people have wanted for years. Where they will get the money from is anyone,s guess but they seem confident.
On the other hand the Conservatives are saying they will more or less leave things as they are so nothing to look forward to there.
The Libs; want to stop Brexit and that is all their manifesto seems to be about. Do they not remember that the general public voted to leave the EU three years ago?
Ben we have a better informed more sophisticated electorate these days , many won't be fooling into thinking there is an unlimited money supply.
Dodge
Kent, UK
Dodge is male  Dodge has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-11-2019, 04:15 PM

History has proven pledges made by ANY political party are just out right lies. A very good example was both the conservatives and labour pledging to reduce student tuition costs and one of the previous elections, hoping to get the student vote but what happened? tuition costs were actually raised.

Every election we see promises of money being spent to improve the NHS, never happens, we see promises of money being spent on Education, mainly to repair many of the dilapidated school buildings, never happened, we see promises of immigration numbers being reduced, never happens because immigration numbers keep on rising, promises to help improve public transport, never happens but what we do see after every election is cost of everything increasing.

Also another good example of politicians only looking out for themselves is David Cameron's promise of a referendum on leaving the EU. Can anyone remember what he did? Rather than making sure the date of a referendum was done during his time as PM, he made sure the date was placed within the 5yr term of the next winners of the general election, and his words were 'If i get re-elected i will promise to give the people the referendum'. This proved all he cared about was getting re-elected and not actually giving a damn about the country because we all know the result of his betrayal, he was so confident that the country would vote no to leaving the EU but when the result cam back as Yes, he decided to resign as PM.

Therefore, as for the pension pledge by Labour, it will never happen because they will come up with some excuse saying that they had intended to give money to the women pensioners BUT there have been some unforeseen budget issues. Every party does it at every election.

If a political party makes certain pledges/promises as part of their election campaign to encourage people to vote for them and then when voted into power, they do not honour those pledges/promises, there should be something in law that allows the voting public to either kick them out of power or to fine them. There are laws in place to stop companies from doing that 'If you give me the contract i will promise to do this that and the other' and when they don't they are charged with fraud, obtaining a contract by false pretences, which is exactly no different to what the political parties do, win an election by false pretences. If law prevents companies from doing it, there should be a law that prevents political parties from doing it.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-11-2019, 04:22 PM

Originally Posted by Tedc ->
We should put a monkey in charge of Parliament.

If Corbyn, Swinson, etc, ask what they should do

Tell them to FEED THE MONKEY!

Well I've put a monkey on a Labour government from the forthcoming election. I sincerely hope to lose but I have a horrible feeling that I won't.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-11-2019, 08:41 PM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
Well I've put a monkey on a Labour government from the forthcoming election. I sincerely hope to lose but I have a horrible feeling that I won't.
If you do win, it means that the rest of us will lose.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-11-2019, 07:44 AM

Coming up to an election all politicians of whatever persuasion over promise and under deliver.

Not one of them has a modicum of integrity - they are all out for their own self aggrandizement and don't give a damn about their electorate or their country.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top