Join for free
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-11-2019, 11:55 AM

Me-again and the tax dilemma.

Not aware if this has been put up for comment before though it has been mentioned in the MSM for some time as an also-ran story but it is a big deal that is getting bigger day by day ---

TAW (That Awful Woman) is not a British Citizen, she remains an American problem and now her tax liability is becoming a pressing issue.

Because American tax laws are considerably different from ours and could - and SHOULD - result on her being taxed on all sorts of things such as perks and how much Harry gives her, money for "living expenses"from the UK tax payers, from the civil list, from all sorts of places and even from the "benefit in kind" of the huge costs of security ---- and a shed lot more besides.

Trouble is that the odds are that it'll be the tax payers who will end up paying for the wasters. Again.

This is going to be fun, or at least should be.

Yer gorra larf!
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-11-2019, 02:43 PM

Re: Me-again and the tax dilemma.

Not having seen anything about this I had to search out the news and found one website with some news about it:

https://www.accountancydaily.co/megh...-finances-view

Then further searching found that there's also something about the 'Royal baby' having tax implications, 'the plot thickens' as the saying goes:

https://edition.cnn.com/2019/04/08/u...gbr/index.html

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top