Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-11-2019, 10:15 AM

Re: Rye Harbour birds today

Lovely to see the photographs GM

We had an Egret in the field last year it must have come up the River Severn . My neighbour who was walking his dog called me over to look at it on the bank of the stream. I just got to see it before it flew away.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-11-2019, 10:19 AM

Stunning photos Gasman. Love the Pipit.
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-11-2019, 10:31 AM

Blimey, all those in a day! I'd be dead chuffed with just one. You must have a lot of patience gasman.

I find wildlife photography, birds in flight especially, a truly frustrating business.

Very well done.

I don't have a favourite, so I'll tell you which is least favourite .... the Great White Egret. Is that a particularly rare find, I don't know? Difficult lighting conditions, still you've handled it well. The others are absolute crackers.
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-11-2019, 12:38 PM

Can you transfer photo onto coasters or place mats as a gift?
gasman
Kent, UK
gasman is male  gasman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-11-2019, 09:57 PM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
Hi Gasman - good to see you in here again! Absolutely stunning photos - thank you!
Thank you Silver Tabby
gasman
Kent, UK
gasman is male  gasman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-11-2019, 09:58 PM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
Super photos Gasman! Glad you're back!
Thanks TessA - glad that you like them
gasman
Kent, UK

30-11-2019, 09:59 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Lovely to see the photographs GM

We had an Egret in the field last year it must have come up the River Severn . My neighbour who was walking his dog called me over to look at it on the bank of the stream. I just got to see it before it flew away.
Thanks Meg. Shame that you didn't get to see the Egret close up - a lovely bird
gasman
Kent, UK

30-11-2019, 10:00 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
Stunning photos Gasman. Love the Pipit.
Many thanks AnnieS - and the Pipit is certainly a lovely bird
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-11-2019, 10:06 PM

Originally Posted by gasman ->
Wigeons

Redshank

Meadow Pipit

Great White Egret

Little Egret

Lapwings
Excellent. Sharp focus and I particularly like the uncluttered subject matter.
gasman
Kent, UK

30-11-2019, 10:11 PM

Originally Posted by d00d ->
Blimey, all those in a day! I'd be dead chuffed with just one. You must have a lot of patience gasman.

I find wildlife photography, birds in flight especially, a truly frustrating business.

Very well done.

I don't have a favourite, so I'll tell you which is least favourite .... the Great White Egret. Is that a particularly rare find, I don't know? Difficult lighting conditions, still you've handled it well. The others are absolute crackers.
Rye harbour is a lovely place to walk around at any time of the year and as for patience, with wildlife photography, you certainly need it sometimes. With birds in flight, it is technique and lots of practice. I am sometimes too slow and manage to get their bums in the shot The Great White Egret is becoming more abundant in the UK, with sightings more frequent now.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top