Join for free
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-07-2021, 11:38 AM

The Petition to Stop Brexit Britain Playing at the Euros

The EU fanatics never fail to give me a right old laugh. If we beat Italy on Sunday they will be lost for words

Reports have resurfaced of plans by France and Germany to stop England and other British sides from playing at the European Championships following the semi-final triumph against Denmark on Wednesday.

In 2016, the EU’s two big powers prepared a petition to remove British sides in the event of Brexit. The Euros that year kicked off two weeks before the historic referendum to leave the EU.

A rather important fact that seems to have escaped Eurofanatic schemers is that European football’s governing body, UEFA is not remotely affiliated with the European Union – it is headquartered in non-EU Switzerland.

https://foxhole.news/2021/07/09/the-...-at-the-euros/
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-07-2021, 12:18 PM

Re: The Petition to Stop Brexit Britain Playing at the Euros

Pathetic ain't it? They still can't differentiate between Europe and the EU - that's down to the level of brainwashing over the years, I suppose.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-07-2021, 01:33 PM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
Pathetic ain't it? They still can't differentiate between Europe and the EU - that's down to the level of brainwashing over the years, I suppose.
I know Judd, it's all very odd.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-07-2021, 05:43 PM

Sorry. I'm not in the least bit interested in football, but this just caught my eye so I had to respond.

I don't think it's clear in the report exactly who decided to start this petition. I thought it sounded no more than some upset football fans in Germany and France who were upset that their countries were out of the competition, though I may be wrong.

Surely, it can't have been the countries' governments or other authorities, could it?

Whoever's idea this was, they are just demonstrating that they are nothing more than spoilt children who haven't go their way!
Dachs
Germany
Dachs is male  Dachs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-07-2021, 06:08 AM

Originally Posted by JBR ->

I don't think it's clear in the report exactly who decided to start this petition. I thought it sounded no more than some upset football fans in Germany and France who were upset that their countries were out of the competition, though I may be wrong.
It should perhaps be mentioned that that petition is water under the bridge and has got nothing to do with the current Euro Cup and its results.
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-07-2021, 11:19 AM

Originally Posted by Dachs ->
It should perhaps be mentioned that that petition is water under the bridge and has got nothing to do with the current Euro Cup and its results.
That's wot l fort Dachs 🤔

Donkeyman! 🤔🤔
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-07-2021, 10:24 AM

Damn, they might stop our highly successful raids on the Eurovision Song Contest, next?

Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-07-2021, 04:05 PM

Originally Posted by Tedc ->
Damn, they might stop our highly successful raids on the Eurovision Song Contest, next?

Yes, please.
Zaphod
Lincs UK
Zaphod is male  Zaphod has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-07-2021, 10:07 AM

Originally Posted by Percy Vere ->
Yes, please.
Seconded.

As a nation with an existing long-established and hugely-successful music industry why on Earth we bother with what is, let's be brutally honest here, nothing more than a delusional bunch of wannabe losers who are all far more interested in alliances than in music is quite beyond me.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top