Join for free
Page 11 of 14 « First < 9 10 11 12 13 > Last »
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-07-2021, 11:27 PM

Re: Neighbours.

Originally Posted by Pixie Knuckles ->
This made me laugh!

"Get yer bins oot missus, or I'll be 'avin words wi ye!"
@ Pixie.
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-07-2021, 08:36 AM

I didn't know what razor wire was but have been reading about it through google. It seems that it's quite legal & a good way to protect ones property...
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-07-2021, 09:39 AM

Originally Posted by carol ->
I didn't know what razor wire was but have been reading about it through google. It seems that it's quite legal & a good way to protect ones property...
It's an insane way to "protect" an ordinary private house in an ordinary setting.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-07-2021, 09:58 AM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
It's an insane way to "protect" an ordinary private house in an ordinary setting.
Hi

It is an effective way of protecting your house.

They see the signs and look elsewhere.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-07-2021, 11:57 AM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Oh I don't know. It stopped the scumbag robbing someone else.
True. I wouldn't shed any tears if all criminals were shot in the back. The world would be better off without them.
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-07-2021, 12:27 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

It is an effective way of protecting your house.

They see the signs and look elsewhere.
Good. Now show us your fine work of art?
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.

25-07-2021, 12:28 PM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->

Why is it?
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-07-2021, 12:33 PM

Is the use of razor wire legal?

I had my own preconceptions, but thought it best to look it up.
The short answer is that, typically in this country, the situation is contradictory! (As I expected. )

One source suggests that if the razor wire is over 1.8m (6') above ground level and appropriate signage is used, it is perfectly legal.
Another mentions 'duty of care', and that this applies equally to burglars and vandals. Apart from the signage, the razor wire must be easily visible to anyone approaching it. In addition, if children are injured by the wire when climbing, the owner is likely to be liable for lack of duty of care.
In addition to the above, if the razor wire is next to a public highway, it must be over 2.4m (rather than 1.8m) above ground level.

As is so often the case in this country, rules and even laws are not always as clear cut as they really ought to be.
Probably something put in place by lawyers to facilitate their work in prosecuting/defending accused people; make it sufficiently flexible that they can claim that black is white, etc, etc!
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-07-2021, 12:33 PM

Why is it?

Are you serious?. I mean really?
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-07-2021, 12:34 PM

Generally military zones, the border of countries, airports, and private companies are ideal places for the use of razor-wire for security reasons.

Not likely on residential properties. And there are restrictions.

Page 11 of 14 « First < 9 10 11 12 13 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top