Join for free
Page 17 of 21 « First < 7 15 16 17 18 19 > Last »
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-08-2021, 01:18 AM

Re: Please use the 'Temporary Chat Section' for now

Has to be said Azz, the amount of time and effort you're putting into all of this is admirable and, joking aside about my b'ah humbug posts, highly appreciated.

I trust there will still be the opportunity to subscribe some financial proceeds as a token of gratitude? Think that some of us (specifically me!!) who use the forum a lot might give serious consideration to putting our hands in our pockets to contribute towards running costs a bit.

After all, I donate to a few other places such as Wiki and examsolutions.net, and I use them far less that I use your gaff.
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-08-2021, 01:30 AM

The updates sound very exciting. I hope will can upload full size photos without using a photo storing website. That would be a very appreciated upgrade. I’d really like to share mire photos.

Thank you for doing all of this Azz.
It’s very kind of you.
Dachs
Germany
Dachs is male  Dachs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-08-2021, 05:15 AM

Originally Posted by Azz ->
I'm sure you'll all be fine If you've been using this forum (which isn't very intuitive at all really) the new one will be easy enough I am sure - it might take some time to get used to but then you'll wonder why we didn't do it sooner!

Here's some things it can do that this one can't:

- Automatically embed videos or photos into the post if their link/URL is on a separate line
- Do the same as above with links to BBC news stories, Tweets, etc
- Drag photos into the reply box for them to upload!
- @mention people - and they get notified they were mentioned!
- Get a notification if your thread is moved or edited and also be shown what was edited (so the before and after state)
- Get weekly digest emails if you haven't been online in a while
- Reply to threads by email

...and lots more
I will be
That's so true. It'll finally bring it up to date. I've seen a much needed change of software elsewhere twice and both turned out to be a great success. No one wanted the old software back.
Thanks for your effort. Can't wait to see and use the result.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-08-2021, 10:12 AM

Azz, I am looking forward to the new format and as they say... ‘A change is better than a rest’!

I do hope this endless work isn’t stressing you out and you haven’t shouted any swear words yet!!

Thank You for everything!

Kind Regards,
Brown Nose!
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-08-2021, 03:06 PM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
Oh good, I like M&Ms.
Me too!

Originally Posted by Zaphod ->
Dunno about "hide" Azz, I reckon you will deserve a rest when you're done so just put an "On my holidays" notification up.

You must know that you can never keep everybody happy but we'll get used to the new style . . . . eventually.
That's very true Zaphod, but I hope most of you will like the new look

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Sounds brilliant Azz can't wait to test drive it....
You have spent so much time on this project, so what do we owe you?.....I think we should have a whip round.....

Incidentally Azz, will all the little fellows in the emoji section still be the same or will there be some new ones?
Awesome! Re the whip-round, you better see what it's like first - you might hate it

Re emojis, we'll be getting new ones (like the ones on modern phones). I am not sure what to do about our old ones tho - I love them, but unfortunately they are very old and are not high res, so if we do add them, it would be only some of them and it would mean it would restrict the size of the new ones since the old ones are slightly smaller ...which would make the new ones look worse as they were designed to work at slight larger sizes... so as of right now, we're definitely getting new ones but not sure about our old ones

Originally Posted by Dextrous63 ->
Has to be said Azz, the amount of time and effort you're putting into all of this is admirable and, joking aside about my b'ah humbug posts, highly appreciated.

I trust there will still be the opportunity to subscribe some financial proceeds as a token of gratitude? Think that some of us (specifically me!!) who use the forum a lot might give serious consideration to putting our hands in our pockets to contribute towards running costs a bit.

After all, I donate to a few other places such as Wiki and examsolutions.net, and I use them far less that I use your gaff.
That's very kind of you Dex! We do have a sub system already in place here ...but I'm not sure yet how we'll handle them on the new forum..

Originally Posted by Bratti ->
The updates sound very exciting. I hope will can upload full size photos without using a photo storing website. That would be a very appreciated upgrade. I’d really like to share mire photos.

Thank you for doing all of this Azz.
It’s very kind of you.
You're welcome Bratti and I hope you like it and yes, you will be able to upload larger photos (although we will probably tweak the settings over time - to reach a good balance of size and space on the drive/speed)

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Azz, I am looking forward to the new format and as they say... ‘A change is better than a rest’!

I do hope this endless work isn’t stressing you out and you haven’t shouted any swear words yet!!

Thank You for everything!

Kind Regards,
Brown Nose!
I'm glad you are Art! And guess what!? I'm currently going through some of the most popular threads from each section (to move them to the open forum from the archive - so the new forum doesn't look 'dead' ) and loads of threads you have started are cropping up as some of the most popular ones
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-08-2021, 03:10 PM

Thank you for all your hard work Azz, I'm really looking forward to seeing and trying the new layout/forum/software/smileys.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-08-2021, 03:12 PM

Originally Posted by Percy Vere ->
Thank you for all your hard work Azz, I'm really looking forward to seeing and trying the new layout/forum/software/smileys.
Seconded .....
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-08-2021, 03:47 PM

Originally Posted by Pixie Knuckles ->
Oooh sounds good Azz! Appreciate all the hard work you are putting into it, thank you!
Hear hear.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-08-2021, 03:50 PM

Originally Posted by Dextrous63 ->

I agree, and a reminder please when it has been a year since we last put our hand in our pocket.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

04-08-2021, 03:54 PM

Originally Posted by Azz ->
Re emojis, we'll be getting new ones (like the ones on modern phones). I am not sure what to do about our old ones tho - I love them, but unfortunately they are very old and are not high res, so if we do add them, it would be only some of them and it would mean it would restrict the size of the new ones since the old ones are slightly smaller ...which would make the new ones look worse as they were designed to work at slight larger sizes... so as of right now, we're definitely getting new ones but not sure about our old ones
I hope we can keep the 'being sick' one ()!

Page 17 of 21 « First < 7 15 16 17 18 19 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top